What's new

I need a "NEW" Cellular phone, I need help choosing.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My trusty I-Phone for that is Jurassic is dying, and I do not have a lot of money to blow on something I seldom use for much but listing to I Heart Radio, sending a Text Message, making a Call, sending an E-mail, surfing the Web.

Kid at the Cell Phone store is say go LG it is cheaper than Apple SE by about 270 Bucks.

Please give this technology did my ideas.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If you barely use a phone, go cheap android. download i heart, tunein, your preferred email provider, and enjoy superior performance to a $1k iphone.

That is funny about the 1K phone the X. Ever Malininial has to have one. I am old and just b=need make a call, I fallen and need help.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
That is funny about the 1K phone the X. Ever Malininial has to have one. I am old and just b=need make a call, I fallen and need help.
I hear ya. I think technically I fall under the years of a millennial but fuck all that noise. no one needs a 1k phone unless it does my laundry or makes my espresso too.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
What Cell plan do I have ? All carriers r offering good deals on c phones and plans
(Maybe worth looking and trading in getting new phone and plan ) ....... FYI I change plans, from Verizon to ATT , same coverage area , cheaper rate and a free phone) (galaxy 8)..... it was worth it all the way around , then I bought a IPhone 7 X from Best Buy with reward points , saved a bundle ..... look around some .

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Buy a gently used iPhone from eBay.

You can get an iPhone 5S for $120, SE for a similar price. But I’d say get an iPhone 6 for $175-200’ish.

PM me if you need help, I used to work in mobile / cellular.
Honestly @SurfnSafari the guys are right about androids being a better value, but if you're used to the iPhone interface, buying a used but newer model is probably your best bet. And letting Jason help you to avoid potential issues would be a good move.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
All I can say is. Don't get the iPhone X. (or "10" as those Apple wankers want call it)

I would recommend anything with a recent Android version, good cameras, good storage, etc.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Cutting edge tech wise, all the new phones are on the same level. Some have a little more than others in one area and vice versa. I've been using iPhones for 3 or 4 years and have always been torn on switching back. Obviously, I haven't yet. People dog the price of the X, but it isn't much higher than other models with larger memory. Funny thing is that most millennials I know don't have any interest in buying one.

For your needs, I'd go with something like Jason mentioned. iPhones are nice and simple and easy to use. Android phones are great in that you can customize a lot more.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I own both iPhones and Androids - I generally use Apple products but without a doubt, Apple tends to be more user friendly than Android.

I couldn’t ever go back to an Android full time, they’re nice and all, and right on par with Apple in a lot of ways, but they’re just “clunky” to me.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I agree with the thought of sticking with what you know. In this case, stick with Apple - especially if you're calling yourself technologically illiterate. Both Apple and Android phones are great - but switching from one to the other takes a bit of work to get used to. There are a bunch to be had on eBay, Facebook Marketplace, or Craigslist. I'll keep my eyes open to see if a good deal on a used iPhone comes along.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Some one offered me a Apple Ipone 5S, we are trying to see if it work, as it has been out of use like 20 months.

Doing a HARD CHARGE trying to get it to come back to life.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Some one offered me a Apple Ipone 5S, we are trying to see if it work, as it has been out of use like 20 months.

Doing a HARD CHARGE trying to get it to come back to life.
I have a Samsung Galaxy 8s I decided I didn't want to switchover to android if interested

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Have a friend that worked in the industry, when I questioned him with the question: his answer " if you want plug and play chose I-phone if you want to program phone the way you want chose Android. My first phone was an I=phone, after downloading music from my cd's , about 35 G's, I-tunes decided I stole the music and deleted it from my account. I swapped the phone for android loaded music on a sim card and have it with me always.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
About a month ago, my wife and I retired our I-Phone 5cs for unlocked Moto g5 plus we found on sale at Costco for $159. It took a little while getting used to Android, but we now like our Moto g5s better then our old Apples. For $159 we got a 5.2" 1080 display, fingerprint reader, 12 mp camera, 32 gigs of memory with an additional 128 gig on an optional micro SD card, plus they are suppose to be water resistant (3' for 30 minutes). They have a "turbo charge" feature, which gives you 50% charge in 15 minutes. We also like how you shake them twice to turn on the flashlight, and give them a "twist" to turn on the camera. From what I've read, these are one of the best "economy" phones out there.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
If you want better tech and much better bang for your buck go Android all the way. I love the Samsung Galaxy series.