What's new

I need some help please !!!

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok guys, a friend of mine recently got back from a cruise to the Bahamas.She brought me back, you guessed it, a Cohiba ..... now i went on line to look up the band, and it seems real .......COHIBA is embossed, and in gold, as well as the gold line in the middle...... all the squares are,square ......3 rows above the name .........

what worries me, is when i look at the foot, it doesnt look uniform ...... when i lightly rub my finger over it, little pieces come off ....... should i cut a little off and check it ????

Is it common to put real bands on a crap cigar ..... she said she bought it from a cigar shop ......

what do you guys think??

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Ask her what she paid for it politely and tell her your suspicions. Also asking her if it was from a lcdh would be my number 1 question as well. Fwiw I'm thinking it's no bueno already. Most people I know including family are not dropping 120-150 on me for 1 cigar while they're on vacation.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Band looks good but the cigar itself looks darker then any I have seen of those. These are very difficult to judge as it could easily be a reg siglo VI with the second band added. It is also one of the more popular sizes for the custom rollers in Havana to roll and looks like one of their darker wrappers. With the popularity of the standard siglo VI I could see these being one of the most counterfeited cigars out there soon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That puppy is as fake as a three dollar bill. The "C" in "Cuba" is a dead giveaway. See how the curl extends down below the bottom of the letter. It does not do that on a real Cohiba band.

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you all for your help !!!! This just confirms my suspicions !!!! plus i cut some off the foot, and it was loose filler ........

Thanks for all your help !!!

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah it is fake alright...just smoke it. I purchased a cohiba esplendido at the Atlantis on my honeymoon back in 97 for $37...thought it was real..smoked it and it was decent...but it turned out to be fake..it happens. Far more fakes than the real deal especially in the GR market.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Yeah it is fake alright...just smoke it. I purchased a cohiba esplendido at the Atlantis on my honeymoon back in 97 for $37...thought it was real..smoked it and it was decent...but it turned out to be fake..it happens. Far more fakes than the real deal especially in the GR market.
Purchased inside the LCdH at Atlantis, or outside on the beach? :wink:

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
She said she bought it from a vendor in a very ritzy cigar shop ...... wouldnt tell me what she paid, but iwas less then 100 .........

It's the thought that counts right ???

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
What is the LCDH ??? she didnt tell me where exactl she bought it ..... but i will ask....
I thought the cigar store inside the Atlantis resort was an offical LCdH, at least it was at one time....but I know they can have their credentials pulled if anything violates Habanos policy. E-man's post makes me wonder if they are still an official LCdH.