What's new

I need something new

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
As you guys know I'm pretty new to cigars. I've been buying different types of cigars every time i go to the B&M, but I was wondering if some of the BOTL could help me with something new. Recently I smoked a PAM 64. I loved the chocolate espresso flavors but this guy almost was too much. About 2 hours later, after eating, I attempted to smoke a Boli lonsdale but I was still feelin it from that PAM. Can any of you reccomend a top npotch maduro not so strong?

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
good maduros, aye???

Ashton Aged Maduro
Onyx Reserve
Partagas Black

those are probably my favorite maddies in that order. also, for a cheaper smoke, the Padron Londres Maduro's are very tasty too.....

just my .02 hope it helps

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
imho not as bad as the PAM's, but i have yet to find a cigar that really has a kick. ive heard all around about "ass kicking cigars" and have yet to really find one that kicks mine. even the Opus Power Ranger i didnt feel was that strong.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I'm not sure about the Onyx, but the other two don't. I'm willing to bet that you'd be fine if you ate before you smoked the PAM. If it's been a few hours since you ate most of the maduros you'll smoke at this point will start to get to you. That's one reason I usually eat right before, or in between, smokes.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
imho not as bad as the PAM's, but i have yet to find a cigar that really has a kick. ive heard all around about "ass kicking cigars" and have yet to really find one that kicks mine. even the Opus Power Ranger i didnt feel was that strong.
You should have tried the Torano 1916 that I had. It must have turned bad somewhere cause it gave me diarrhea for 2 days.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
had the 1916's and i thought that they were pretty mild too.

i think maybe its because i smoke cigarettes, too. used to the nicotine??

in fact when i finish smoking a cigar, i immediatly light up a cigarette.

maybe im a nicotine whore???

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Well speaking of ass kickers....I have a LFD Dble Ligero I'm sorta afraid to touch since the PAM. I guess I'll eat a big meal before touching it...

this is one cigar i hear is a real kick in the nuts, but i havent smoked one yet. maybe tonight.....

tell ya what..... you smoke yours and ill smoke mine, and we'll see whos still standing........... :rofl:

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
had the 1916's and i thought that they were pretty mild too.

i think maybe its because i smoke cigarettes, too. used to the nicotine??

in fact when i finish smoking a cigar, i immediatly light up a cigarette.

maybe im a nicotine whore???
It wasn't the nicotine, it was the crappy cigar. Torano's are renowned for their inconsistency and their ability to turn into a gutrot cigar. Mine tasted like smoking metal, but I finished it.:barf:

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
this is one cigar i hear is a real kick in the nuts, but i havent smoked one yet. maybe tonight.....

tell ya what..... you smoke yours and ill smoke mine, and we'll see whos still standing........... :rofl:
Why not take a step up, I've got a triple ligero in the humi I'm waiting to try. I want to give it some time to even out before I smoke it.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Funny thing about those; I love them (especially the Chiselito's) and can smoke 'em on an empty stomach and even inhale them with no problems. But the one cigar that gives me nausea is the Cusano 18 Paired Maduro. Not a huge nic kick, and I enjoy the taste & flavors but it's the one cigar that just isn't for me.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
They have a harsh taste unless they're taken down to 65%RH and left alone for a few months.
My humi's down at 65% anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll probably try to wait as long as I can before I light it up. That's one that I was sure needed some time to settle.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
As you guys know I'm pretty new to cigars. I've been buying different types of cigars every time i go to the B&M, but I was wondering if some of the BOTL could help me with something new. Recently I smoked a PAM 64. I loved the chocolate espresso flavors but this guy almost was too much. About 2 hours later, after eating, I attempted to smoke a Boli lonsdale but I was still feelin it from that PAM. Can any of you reccomend a top npotch maduro not so strong?
The past few weeks I have enjoyed the following...very nice typical maduro flavor and nice and light...

El Mejor Espresso
Jericho by Camacho
Sancho Panza Double Maduro
Angel 100

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The past few weeks I have enjoyed the following...very nice typical maduro flavor and nice and light...

El Mejor Espresso
Jericho by Camacho
Sancho Panza Double Maduro
Angel 100
I think I got 3 five-packs of those El Mejor Espresso from "The Devil Site" a month or two ago, and I've never smoked one. I was going to use them as give-aways... If you find them acceptable, I think I'll try one myself.