What's new

If you were me....

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Ok, I've been trying to follow all the chat on hard to find cigars but I guess my cigar experience just isn't as good as most of you fellas. I somehow feel like I'm being left out of something really great due to my inexperience on finding or noticing an illusive holy grail stick. So my question is.....If you were me and I like a Med-Full stick what would you be seeking for?
It is hard for me where I live because our local shops don't carry uppershelf stuff like that and if I were traveling maybe I could find somewhere else. So can you guys give me some ideas? Thanks a ton!!
It doesn't even have to be a holy grail just a stick thats awsome but yet hard to find.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Check out vitolas.net to see some rarities and then while surfing the forums, check peoples stories to what you like or might like.

It's tough to pick what you should be looking for because I'm not sure exactly what you like now... and/or what you have had in the past.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Not saying these are hard to find, but they might be more top shelf than your store carries.

Padron Anniversary 1964 and 1926

RAMON Allones Serie R

Tatuaje Anything.

As far as the holy grailgoes....good luck, just keep smoking and you may find it.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I would say, save your time and money... Once you get that HTF stick you spent all that time tracking down and paid for, guess what.... You will find a new "holy grail"

It is obviously only human to want for, or strive for something. If you hear about something in the future that you "have to have" then look for it. Don't just go looking for a cigar because it is HTF....

Believe me, I have spent a lot of time and money that I don't have in attempt to get something I don't even know if I like lol...

My "holy grail" is ANY cigar that I thoroughly enjoyed and will always remember...

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
keep a list by your computer. every time someone talks about something that sounds interesting, write the name down. look it up later and see if you think it's something you'd like, or something that's available. if it meets your criteria, ask around. you never know. but you realize....noone has EVER found the holy grail?????

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anejo's are great cigars and they usually make it out to the shops a couple of times a year. El Baton and Brick House are relatively new and are worth a try if you can find them.

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
I would say, save your time and money... Once you get that HTF stick you spent all that time tracking down and paid for, guess what.... You will find a new "holy grail"

It is obviously only human to want for, or strive for something. If you hear about something in the future that you "have to have" then look for it. Don't just go looking for a cigar because it is HTF....

Believe me, I have spent a lot of time and money that I don't have in attempt to get something I don't even know if I like lol...

My "holy grail" is ANY cigar that I thoroughly enjoyed and will always remember...
I think we all have been down this trail as well..................good luck and good smoking Brother...................:ccool:

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0

good advice

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Here is the funny thing...I don't smoke a buttload of cigars in any given week (say 2-3 a week) and I have found that for the vast majority of sticks, my "Hunt" if you will is to smoke EVERYTHING once...after that, I get bored with it, and I start thinking about a new stick I have not tried...(there are some exceptions of course...SW Maduro, WOAM etc)...

That is one of the reasons I started the blog in the first place...I realized that other people might be interested in the "Hunt" as well, trying different sticks every time...

The funny thing is, I usually buy boxes of sticks when I can, but usually only smoke one, and end up trading or bombing the rest away...I had 5 Cohiba Gran Reservas, but only smoked one, and now I only have one :)

I think the bottom line I am trying to impart is that there is no right way to do things, as long as you are happy...But do NOT rush into buying really expensive rare or htf sticks just because they (might be) htf...stick around here, ask questions, and you will learn alot :)

MY $.02...

~brooks

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Ok, I've been trying to follow all the chat on hard to find cigars but I guess my cigar experience just isn't as good as most of you fellas. I somehow feel like I'm being left out of something really great due to my inexperience on finding or noticing an illusive holy grail stick. So my question is.....If you were me and I like a Med-Full stick what would you be seeking for?
It is hard for me where I live because our local shops don't carry uppershelf stuff like that and if I were traveling maybe I could find somewhere else. So can you guys give me some ideas? Thanks a ton!!
It doesn't even have to be a holy grail just a stick thats awsome but yet hard to find.

try this out, and enjoy everyone's top ten cigars!

[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=30081"]Top 10 Cigars [/ame]

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I would look for sticks like Opus X, Anejos, Oliva V Maduros...these are the less HTF sticks that are a must try.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Yea the bottem line is I don't want to spend a fortune for that HTF stick. If I did it would probibly be the Padron Ann 26 however I guess I should say "a stick thats AFORDABLE, good and yet hard to find". I really don't want to put alot of cash down for a cigar and I really can't. It's more out of curiosity I asked this question due to the fact I've never heard of alot of the cigars some of you talk about.
A good example is the thread by Twenty5 "Top 10 Cigars". I love that thread however I don't know what half of thoes cigars are. We just don't have thoes kinda sticks here.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'd have to say get your hands on a don arturo gran aniverxario. They are definitely expensive but worth it!
Holt's usually has these they run $50 there I have had one. Great cigar but $50 great I don't think so.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Keep trying new cigars. Try all kinds. Cheap, moderate, some expensive. Save for boxes when you find ones you like. Watch reviews and take everything with a grain of salt because it is what you like not others. Mike's comment about Old Henry is a good example. Relatively cheap good cigar. Holts Connies another good one. Casa Magna. Fun to smoke and not hard on the pocket book. I smoke habana leons all the time becasue I like the flavor profile and I only buy them on sale. The hunt is a big part of the fun. DO I like the Fuente Viejo's? Yep. Do I buy many. Nope. Just me