What's new

I'm Back!!!

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Welcome back, Dan... Glad you're starting to get settled into the temporary housing. Prayers that everything stays safe for you guys and you can get back on track quickly.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Great to see you back, Dan! I trust all is improving and will soon be well again. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be so.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Glad you and your family are doing okay Dan. Hopefully you'll get your life back in order really soon. Scary stuff mother nature likes to throw at us so it's nice to see your getting along well.
Nice to have you back!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Thanks guys. Many have asked about my stash and yes, it made it so no need to bombard me. The closet they were in was pretty well untouched which is fortunate since that same closet is where we stored all our important papers. My wife and I have hastily re-evaluated our storage of such documents as they are normally kept in a plastic storage organizer...definitely investing in a fire safe now. That said, I was talking to one of our clients at the clinic today and their safe with their documents and some family heirlooms was sucked up and deposited a few blocks away in an alley. So if a tornado is going to take your stuff, there's not much you can do about it :laugh:. Today was a huge sigh of relief as we finally got a contractor to come look at our house for the insurance company. It seems the adjustor that came to look at our house has left and gone back to where he is from, having failed to contact the contractor before doing so :squinteye. Anyway, the contractor was speedy quick to rearrange his schedule to get to our house this afternoon and should have his report submitted to the insurance company by Thursday. Very nice father & son crew and in chit chatting I found out the son had his house demolished by the tornado so his wife and him are living with his dad...they've only been married 14 months :laugh:. I'm just struck by how common stories like this are around here now. Seems we will finally be getting somewhere...only problem is most crews are about 30 days out on their jobs :hammersma.

Dan