What's new

I'm going to be a father, for the first time...

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Ha! Nice guys. Well, hell of an eye opener... I best be clipping coupons and stockpiling!
We had about a year between kids without diapers and it was wonderful!! From time to amazon has sales and digital coupons which can save you some money. Watch target fliers too. Sometimes when you buy two boxes of diapers you get a 10 or 20 buck gift card back.

The amount of diapers you will throw away is way greater than you can imagine!

Enjoy the goods, glad to see if finally dropped!!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Watch target fliers too. Sometimes when you buy two boxes of diapers you get a 10 or 20 buck gift card back.
We JUST took advantage of one of these deals! Only grabbed two boxes, probably should have done more, but I wanted to wait and do it with coupons to boot - you know, stack the savings.
Also just stumbled upon diapers.com (or something to that effect)
Any experience?
For a while, Kandy was considering cloth diapering, just supplemented with disposables...
Anyone gone that route?

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Yeah... having watched friends try the cloth diaper thing, we never considered it. One of the kids in Caity's daycare had them, and every time they leaked out of the plastic cover he got sent home.

Word of advice, you never know when they are going to change sizes on diapers. Really has a lot to do with waist size and hourly output :) So dont go nuts buying too many of one size, or you might get stuck with a bunch of diapers that are too small. On the other hand, our daughter has a TON of newborn diapers from Jake for her dolls :)

Diapers.com is owned by Amazon I think. I price them out pretty regularly, and becoming an "Amazon Mom" saves you more than diapers.com every time (i have found).

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Yeah, avoid the cloth diapers IMHO, stick with disposables. Also, when you go and buy diapers, buy a box the size you'll need and one or two sizes bigger. You may end up having to buy more often, but, it will save you in the end...

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Brandoncpm had another great piece of advice for me that I never really considered. He told me to try a small box of any brand/style before you open a large box as different diapers work better for different babies. If you have an unopened large box of one you don't prefer as much you can trade for store credit to use toward the kind that you do. Sounds like great advice!

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Brandoncpm had another great piece of advice for me that I never really considered. He told me to try a small box of any brand/style before you open a large box as different diapers work better for different babies. If you have an unopened large box of one you don't prefer as much you can trade for store credit to use toward the kind that you do. Sounds like great advice!
It is a good point. You also should pay attention to news releases on diapers (Set up a google alert). When Caity was a baby, pampers changed the way they made their swaddlers for about a year. We had to go to Huggies because the new chemical gave her a wicked rash. (I'm sure she will hate me one day for sharing these stories on the web).

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Clint, congratulations brother! I have my package coming in today, and definitely know what to send you now!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0

Thursday, we received a package in the mail from Target. Since I don't often purchase online, and it was addressed to me, I was surprised to see it. Clint asked me, "What did you buy now?!" in his mildly chastising way, and I was clueless. I thought, "Is this baby-brain thing for real?! Did I really order something and forget? And if so, what the heck did I buy?!" I thought for a second I really was losing it.
Curiosity soon got the better of me and I excitedly opened the box. When I saw baby clothes, including cute patterned onesies, tiny white ones, the most adorable little hats I have ever seen, and a much needed bottle drying rack, I was speechless. Then, when I saw who it came from, I nearly began to tear up.
The BOTL group has become a place for Clint to get away, to expand his knowledge and accommodate his interests in all things tobacco. I know he truly appreciates all that BOTL stands for, and for that, I appreciate you too!
Words cannot express the gratitude I felt when I opened that Target box. Our lives are about to change in an amazing, overwhelming way, and you are all there in support. Thank you for the lovely gifts, you are truly a blessing.
Sincerely,
Kandace ;)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
For a while, Kandy was considering cloth diapering, just supplemented with disposables...
Anyone gone that route?
Yep.

I have five kids, ages 6, 5, 2yrs, and the twins are 8 months. We cloth diapered with #2 and #3. Cloth diapering isn't bad, and the kind we were using "G diapers" were super easy. They come apart easily, and if you just wash a load every night, it's not bad at all. But you'll have so much more going on that you should eliminate every extra bit of work you can.

We were still cloth diapering #3 when the twins came along (the twins were born when #3 was 16 months old), and it wasn't that the cloth diapering was hard at all, it was just one more thing. We put #3 and the twins all in disposables after a couple months just to eliminate the extra.

We buy diapers at Costco, but Amazon and diapers.com are also good options. We have prime, so depending on whether we need to go to costco, we sometimes order on line, sometimes don't. The prices tend to fluxuate, so as long as you watch you'll get the best deal one way or the other. Kinda like cigars :D

If you need any tips or have questions, I've just been through it, so don't hesitate to reach out!

EDIT: Oh, one more tip: Pampers Swaddlers are the recommended brand that most hospitals use when they're born, especially for preemies (which twins generally are). They're more expensive, and they look and feel super soft, BUT they don't have elastic on the back like most other diapers. Which means lots of up-the-back poop-outs! Switch to something else when you get home, trust me on this.

I price them out pretty regularly, and becoming an "Amazon Mom" saves you more than diapers.com every time (i have found).
Problemsolverjc: cigar bomber, and Amazon Mom. lol, that juxtaposition makes me laugh.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Congrats! I've got a baby girl slated to join us in 10 days. If I learn anything during that first week that I wish I had known before, I'll be sure to pass it on.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Congrats! I've got a baby girl slated to join us in 10 days. If I learn anything during that first week that I wish I had known before, I'll be sure to pass it on.
You won't remember a darn thing from the first ten days except how beautiful she was, and how tired you were. That's it. Sleep deprivation will cause a blissful amnesia that will remove most everything else.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I price them out pretty regularly, and becoming an "Amazon Mom" saves you more than diapers.com every time (i have found).
Problemsolverjc: cigar bomber, and Amazon Mom. lol, that juxtaposition makes me laugh.
LOL.... I'm always on the lookout for a good deal. Especially on diapers and up until a few weeks ago forumla!