What's new

I'm stepping away for now....

jtmazz10

Mr. Wonderful
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First and foremost I want to express my gratitude for the generosity and brotherhood that I have experienced here. It blows my mind that in today's crazy world such a community can exist. I have seen guys get bombed coolers, cabinets, mailboxes, etc. I have seen the brothers rally when another brother was down. I have met about 100 amazing brothers who I would gladly call brothers! I have made friends with guys who share profound wisdom and experience. The whole experience has been eye opening. This is truly the best online community in the world.
I'll come right out and say it I am a drug addict. I have struggled to cope with my addiction for about 15 years. I don't know what hit me but the this year during my yearly detox my life changed. I suddenly could see through the fog. I started Taekwondo lessons twice a week. It changed my life. I started playing hockey again which was my true passion before losing my way. I wasn't sure about smoking cigars after all I am fascinated with the whole deal. From the history to cultivation to the aging and smoking. Most of all the connection it gave me to so many great human beings.
All that said I feel I need to focus on getting my mind back in sync with my body. I decided that I need to step away at least for the time being. I'm only 31 years old so who knows what the future holds. I want to thank all of you for all the great times. I will still be around to chat and if anyone needs me I'm still here to talk to.
Okay sorry for the novel. I will be bombing most of my stash out to a few brothers and giving the rest to some close friends. Please don't bomb me if you have intentions of doing so. I recommend you take it out on a newbie. Or @Wasz, @Stogie_Bear, @wantacigar,@memphsdad
,@hakoomay,@Tennessee Dave,@manbearpig,@navyvet,@xjsnake
Casey
All

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Peace be the journey!
I know its a cheesy movie line but it truly fits and is a great motto to live by.
As said many times, once a brother always a brother!

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I just want to say thanks again to all you brothers! I am truly moved by the positive thoughts and prayers. I can't describe how amazing it feels to have so many people support you. Thanks for everyone who has reached out to me.
Casey, while this forum is what brought us together, it's not what keeps us together. I commend your decision to do what you know what you need to do. Your contribution to this board can continue while you're on your road to recovery, you're our brother, we will support you in every way possible. While you cigar smoking may cease, don't let that stop you from swinging by and picking up a few words of encouragement or support if you feel your resolve starting to wain.

We are here for you brother, and keep us up to date on your progress, heck, send us some toothless photos after your first hockey brawl!

Matthew