What's new

In search of the perfect cigar

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well it appears that I have had that experience! Wednesday, I smoked an E.P. Carrillo Core Plus maduro, it took more than 1.5 hours to complete it and it is the best cigar I have ever smoked. It was given to me by @acc05R1, last August and has been in my cooler all this time. It was toothy and oily and it was amazing, and I have been thinking about it since, so much that I bought a fiver. I am hoping that they will be just as good. I remember being afraid of all dark cigars back then, but have had some really good dark cigars, which removed the fear. The Oliva Serie V Maduro was one, and I now have a box of them. The Tabernacle is another really good dark cigar. The Headly Grange is another dark cigar I have had. The Core Plus has been the most memorable. Thanks Aaron for a great smoke!

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Well it appears that I have had that experience! Wednesday, I smoked an E.P. Carrillo Core Plus maduro, it took more than 1.5 hours to complete it and it is the best cigar I have ever smoked. It was given to me by @acc05R1, last August and has been in my cooler all this time. It was toothy and oily and it was amazing, and I have been thinking about it since, so much that I bought a fiver. I am hoping that they will be just as good. I remember being afraid of all dark cigars back then, but have had some really good dark cigars, which removed the fear. The Oliva Serie V Maduro was one, and I now have a box of them. The Tabernacle is another really good dark cigar. The Headly Grange is another dark cigar I have had. The Core Plus has been the most memorable. Thanks Aaron for a great smoke!
Older EPC cigars are really good. I smoked the same one you did and I was very surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Bought a box of these:
E.P. Carrillo Edicion Limitada 2015
Hoping that they turn out to be as good as the core plus. Still in search. Probably will try to let them rest for awhile.
My favorite EPC are the elencos if you can find them.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'd say the perfect cigar is has much to do with when and where I am smoking it. I smoked a RyJ Short Churchill at my wedding. That was the perfect cigar. I smoked a My Father camping with (of course) my father, and that was the perfect cigar. I smoked an AB Pryme with a new friend and that was the perfect cigar. I smoked a (of all things) a Camacho triple maddy at my bachelor party with my son, and guess what? That was the perfect cigar.
Well said.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also ride so I hear ya ...
Everybody's tastes are diff, and there might be no perfect cigar, and some that I thought were pretty close were expensive to me (over $10 each).
With that being said, I think these lower cost smokes are very good and in my regular rotation:

Oliva Series V belicoso ($3.71 box price)
CAO La Traviata radianta maduro ($3.63 box price)
My Father Le Bijou petite robusto ($4.26 box price)

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
An Update in the search: A few months ago I went to Houston for the Texas Cigar Festival. While in Houston, I talked my buddy into visiting El Cubano cigar shop in League City, TX. We smoked a Domican tabaco cigar. El Cubano rolls their own cigars, with several different blends, we choose the Dominican cigar with Maduro wrapper. We had an excellent experience with this stick. Because I was involved with the cigar buying ban contest, I had to wait to purchase any more sticks. After the buying ban, I called the store and placed an order of 3 of each stick in Habano and Maduro wrappers, and told them to add a surprise stick to complete 25 sticks. I have been smoking one to two per week and have been so impressed with each one. I plan to keep these in stock, this has been the closest thing to perfect cigars, each one is consistent in flavor, taste and burn. I understand that this may not suit your taste, but I am so happy that it has mine. I only smoke one to three a week, and I find each one satisfies MY taste. The sticks last from 90 minutes to two hours, so it is something that has to be planned.
I hope that you can also find "that" stick for you. I will continue to smoke others, but this is my go to stick for sure!

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
@NOGILLS2 I think the perfect cigar does not exist. I have had some that are very close, but in all honesty - it isnt about the perfect cigar at all - its about the perfect experience/memory
The best cigars I have ever had were enhanced by the people I enjoyed it with - the beverage I had paired with it - the conversation(s) with those people - where we were at the time - what time of day it was. In my opinion, there are perfect experiences with a cigar - no perfect cigar in & of itself