What's new

% in Shop Vs. Online

What Percentage of your purchases are on-line?

• 0% - 20%

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • 20% - 40%

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • 40% - 60%

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • 60% - 80%

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • 80% - 100%

Votes: 79 48.5%

• Total voters

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
You guys that go 100% online; don't you miss out on the camraderie of the smoke shop? I have a group of guys that I hang with at the shops I go to and would hate to miss that. It can get expensive in that I try and buy from my B&M and the Padrons super premiums are the only ones close to what I smoke at home today. One B&M has CC in the back and that works out.

Poriggity

CRA Ambassador #0042
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just can't see owning a cigar shop, and not smoking them.. Makes no sense to me.. Its like owning a restaraunt, and not eating there because you don't like the food.
Scott

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I just can't see owning a cigar shop, and not smoking them.. Makes no sense to me.. Its like owning a restaraunt, and not eating there because you don't like the food.
Scott
Or like buying meat from a vegetarian butcher. I'm sure they're knowledgeable, but can they really tell you what's good?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll Stop in the Local B&M and pick a smoke from time to time, just for support more than anything. But it's also the way I'll try something new, Buy just one and see thing..

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I definetely try to buy at a B&M whenever I can. I would say I'm probably 50% online 50% B&M.

For those that have B&M's yea the prices are higher then online but if we don't support the B&M's we'll have nowhere to smoke. In the states that don't have smoking bands yet that is..

jre

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
In terms of number of cigars, I buy way more online, but I frequent my local shops. I do my part for the struggling economy. The only thing is I just can't afford box purchases at the shops. I buy 5 or 6 singles, see what I like, and then have to buy a box or a few 5 packs online. I just can't overlook the price difference.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I really try hard to support or local shop but when your on a fixed income like me due to my illnesses, I have to by on-line. I still try to buy local if I want to try something new and if I really like I'll buy on-line.

Poriggity

CRA Ambassador #0042
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'd truely like to support my B&M, but with taxes so high and prices so cheap online, I just don't want to. Besides I would never buy a $5 smoke that I'll never smoke. You get in good with the people that work there and they don't really care because you are "potential" business while there.
If you refuse to buy from them, how can you be considered "potential" business? I understand buying online. Most of my purchases are online as well, but I do buy at least one smoke when I am going to my local shop to smoke. If you are sitting there, using their equipment (Tv/chairs/ac/heat/whatever) I think its only right to patronize the place.
Scott

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My closest shop is over an hour away. They close at 6pm during the week. I don't get off of work until 5pm. I do however stop at shops when I travel. So, I'm 99% online.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The cigars that I buy online are only the ones that I cannot get at my local B&M. I think that is only fair to the owner of the shop. Best way I can put it is, you can't always eat at McDonald's all the time, you have to try other menus from other places.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I voted 60-80. Used to be 100% but I have recently found a B&M with a very nice lounge. I have stopped in a few times and purchased a cigar to smoke while I`m there a couple for the humi at home. Online is cheaper but I don`t mind paying a bit extra to smoke in a cozy lounge with a flat screen during the winter months here in Colorado.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
I go in to my local to say hi and buy a few sticks. I look for what they may have a deal on. But I will no longer buy boxes from them.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
In the future B&M's may be the only way to go....I have heard of the potential for online tobacco sales to be outlaw'd...Time will tell. The B&M may be the best place to go soon so lets keep them in business as best we can.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably make 90% of my purchases (individual transactions) in stores, but I buy roughly 60% of my total sticks online. If I had the money/space for additional cigars, I'd be buying many more boxes online. But as a college student, that just doesn't happen, so I try to spend more at the B&Ms I frequent since I get person-person interaction...lol

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have 3 B&M's within a 3 or 4 mile radius of where I live. One has a decent size walk-in and good help but his prices are WAY high so I only go every now and then. The other one I like a lot. http://www.loussmokehouse.com/index.html This place has a HUGE walk in! Selection is great and his prices are competitive but still higher than online. I like shopping there cus the owner is a great guy. He'll hold smokes for me and he'll sometimes let me buy from his personal stash. The last one that is closest to my house is very small. No big screen, no leather chairs, walk-in has mostly mainstream stuff in it. Get this, the owner doesn't even smoke cigars! WTF?! But his prices are the best around here. If I pay with cash he usually doesn't charge me sales tax. Even with all of the choices I have in my area I still do most of my shopping online. I wish I could afford to shop only at the B&M. It truly is better that way but these days I have to be smart about my spending. However, I do try to support my local guys when I can.

Bowhnter

Backyard Smoker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I buy about 80% on line. I have 4 local B&M's but only shop at 2 of them. One is a little higher, but closer to the house, (and won't talk to me much) the other has some pretty decent prices on some singles, but not all.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy mostly from a B&M. Only time I smoke a cigar is at the B&M when it's cold. I am a regular there now, so I do bring in cigars that are gifted to me. I hardly ever go there and don't buy anything, even if it's just some pipe cleaners. I should add also, due to prices, I smoke the pipe more often. I love for $12 I can get a tin.

Last edited:

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I buy all my Non Cubans online and all of my Cubans in B&M's. Being in Canada they are expensive but we regularly get well aged sticks if it is rare enough we sometime even end up with good deals. Also I go to Cuba once a year foe the best selction and prices.