What's new

Indirect Grilled Ribs - Tutorial

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Aaaand we're back. Start by putting a bank of unlit charcoal on one side of your grill.

View attachment 163951

Add some wood chunks of your choice. Boy requested hickory. We normally use oak and mesquite around here...but he's the boss today.

View attachment 163952

View attachment 163953

Light up some coals in a chimney starter or whatever you prefer. Then once they're rip roaring hot, put them on top of the unlit pile. You'll have hours of heat this way.

View attachment 163954

View attachment 163955

Give it a few minutes to even out. Grab a cold beverage.

View attachment 163956
The look of your finished product is worthy of your own cooking show, Carlos.
This is not a good thread to browse first thing in the morning with an anxious stomach.

And your hands, they look so clean and youthful!
What's your secret?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The look of your finished product is worthy of your own cooking show, Carlos.
This is not a good thread to browse first thing in the morning with an anxious stomach.

And your hands, they look so clean and youthful!
What's your secret?
:ROFLMAO: The secret is laying the groundwork for outsourcing pit duties when I'm older. Hopefully we get to where one day I can just politely hint that I want to BBQ and he will happily fire up the smoker for his old man...

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Forgot to put in a link for the grill. I absolutely love this brand. Been using it for YEARS. I upgraded to the long legs, and recommend you do so too. Your lower back will thank you. Plus, that's how she got her name (and custom spray paint job :cool: :LOL:), being long and tall and whatnot.

https://www.oldsmokey.com/pages/old-smokey-charcoal-grills

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Forgot to put in a link for the grill. I absolutely love this brand. Been using it for YEARS. I upgraded to the long legs, and recommend you do so too. Your lower back will thank you. Plus, that's how she got her name (and custom spray paint job :cool: :LOL:), being long and tall and whatnot.

https://www.oldsmokey.com/pages/old-smokey-charcoal-grills
A Grill, that's what its called. I call them BBQ's which confused you a few comments back. Thanks for the info on that Old Smokey Grill. I assume you have the 22"?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A Grill, that's what its called. I call them BBQ's which confused you a few comments back. Thanks for the info on that Old Smokey Grill. I assume you have the 22"?
Haha, nah that was just me reading your question too fast. :ROFLMAO: I guess "grill" is technically the term but I mean, folks call them "bbqs", "pits", "cookers", whatever works. The only real distinction I make in terminology is grilling vs smoking. Yup,I have the 22" model. It's great for indirect grilling a whole rack of ribs or a few whole chickens, with tons of room to do burgers, sausages, hot dogs, etc. Only thing is that for hot and fast direct grilling (hot dogs, fajitas, etc) the coal pan sits a little low for my liking so I'll raise it using some bricks to make it a bit hotter.