What's new

Info and/or advice

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe your RH is high because of a few reasons or combination of them. 1. Your coolerdor doesn't isn't made of of wood to absorb some of the humidity 2. Your beads are 2 wet, not allowing them to absorb the excess moisture 3. If your coolerdor isn't quite full you are getting an air reading which are always higher.
Great points, and I agree with you. This is why Im not a big fan of the coolerdor, although they do work. I absolutely over saturated the beads, no doubt. My fault there. I have a smaller cooler, and its pretty much full with gars and cedar. I think your oversaturation point is right on, and causing my tunneling and overly humidified cigars. I cant wait to get my Avallo to eliminate all this guess work!! Thanks for your input.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plume after only a few months seems a little odd.
Not only odd, but pretty much impossible. Definitely sounds like your smokes are way too wet, bro.
Well I was stuck on that 70/70 crap when I first started smoking seriously about a year ago. Come to find out, thats pretty much not good info. Trying for 65Rh now. While I have you, Im getting new humi next week. Is there something I should do to slowly bring Rh down in the cigars? I was just gonna set the Avallo at 65 and throwh all the gars in. Not sure if thats a good idea now.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Plume after only a few months seems a little odd.
Not only odd, but pretty much impossible. Definitely sounds like your smokes are way too wet, bro.
Well I was stuck on that 70/70 crap when I first started smoking seriously about a year ago. Come to find out, thats pretty much not good info. Trying for 65Rh now. While I have you, Im getting new humi next week. Is there something I should do to slowly bring Rh down in the cigars? I was just gonna set the Avallo at 65 and throwh all the gars in. Not sure if thats a good idea now.
I'd personally make sure your beads dry out a little bit & also throw several 62% Boveda's in there to help gradually bring your RH down. You should definitely recalibrate your hygrometer too.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find something very odd and points to the humidity being very high. You said your R&J had been sitting for a couple months and had a nice plume??? You don't get plume in a couple months, not even a couple years. Sounds to me like you get mold?
Interesting. I have many other cigars in this humi, and no signs of mold. It was actually pretty nice looking and definitely didnt look like or smell like mold. I definitely saw the oils on the wrapper, and looked beautiful. Maybe I mistook the oils for plume? Tasted great, just had trouble keeping it lit. This definitely didnt look like mold, and this particular humi shows 65Rh, 62 Degrees. Learning alot on this forum though, for sure !!!!!