What's new

Infusing My Own Cigars

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I heard once that dipping cigars in cognac started back when humidification wasn't focused on so people would dip there cigars in liquid to moisten them up and ended up enjoying the flavors the cognac left. Never tried it myself, but maybe next time I've get some cheap-o's I'll give it a shot. I am curious how the coffee infusion works out because my father works for a coffee company so I get free coffee of all flavors! So Dpricenator if you need any extra coffee just shoot me a PM.
:applause: Awesome gesture.

I am patiently waiting the out come of this.

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I bought a couple of punch seconds for my son once and before I noticed the guy at the reister dippep them in cognac. I baggied them up and set tem aside in an old humi. He smoked them about two months later and said they were awesome. I was worried they would mold but I gues the alcohol prevented that.
Think I`m going to dig into the booze cabinet and see what I come up with. Gotta try this! Just happen to have an empty humi for the task.

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Can I bid on a couple hour infusion session with Monica. I would want to make sure they were Monica infused and not fakes.
I`m pretty sure that`s against ebay rules.

However, I hear that Monicas have a unique flavor profile and are nearly impossible to fake.:tonguerol

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I know I'd smoke one....... but I'd like a different "brand", maybe a J LO....... or Shakira infusion........

Thread hijack over...

I do think this sounds interesting..... may have to pick up a fiver of Swisher Sweets, and see what a little coffee does for them.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I know with cooking if you put a vanilla bean in powdered sugar for about six months the sugar picks up the flavors. I'm thinking you unless you acutaly get some oils to rub off on the cigar it will take a very long time.

Do you think Bill Cliton was trying to infuse cigars?

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Heh, a friend of mine has an obsession with Natalie Portman and also happens to smoke cigars. I might have to mention this thread to him. :razz:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of leaving a glass with a spirit in the humidor, but not coffee.
I am very interested in seeing how this turns out being that I'm a coffee addict!!!
I'm Cuban and live in Miami. So, I mostly enjoy my cigars with a cuban coffee.

amgracing

///M POWERRR
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
you may want to try the coffee thing with different wrappers and types of cigars.for example infusing coffee might work better with a more mild flavor like one with a connecticut wrapper than with a maduro

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
any progress here?
Actually yes, I have 7-8 cigars in completely covered in 2 types of coffee for a total of 16 smokes.. One is hazelnut and the other is a very full flavored espresso roast. I left all the cigars out in the air for about 36 hours before they went in the coffee. The coffee feels really moist, so I let it air for a while too. I also put a small bag of heartfelt beads to keep it form getting too moist. I have not started any with liquor yet, I would have but we drank vodka this weekend, so Next time We drink rum, or burbon i'll do some of those too. I'll check on em often, but I want them to sit in the coffee for at least a month, maybe 2.

amgracing

///M POWERRR
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I've heard of leaving a glass with a spirit in the humidor, but not coffee.
I am very interested in seeing how this turns out being that I'm a coffee addict!!!
I'm Cuban and live in Miami. So, I mostly enjoy my cigars with a cuban coffee.
dgart, I know what your talking about. I'm half cuban whenever I go to my grand parents house i drink all the cuban coffee. though never tried it with a cigar.Im bringing a stogie next time im over there:thumbsup:

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Actually yes, I have 7-8 cigars in completely covered in 2 types of coffee for a total of 16 smokes.. One is hazelnut and the other is a very full flavored espresso roast. I left all the cigars out in the air for about 36 hours before they went in the coffee. The coffee feels really moist, so I let it air for a while too. I also put a small bag of heartfelt beads to keep it form getting too moist. I have not started any with liquor yet, I would have but we drank vodka this weekend, so Next time We drink rum, or burbon i'll do some of those too. I'll check on em often, but I want them to sit in the coffee for at least a month, maybe 2.

I hope this works out. It would be cool if it does. I have a bunch of fake Cubans that could use the help. =0)

Keep us posted, Dave.