What's new

Infusing My Own Cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dgart, I know what your talking about. I'm half cuban whenever I go to my grand parents house i drink all the cuban coffee. though never tried it with a cigar.Im bringing a stogie next time im over there:thumbsup:
you won't regret it... :smokingco

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Has anyone tried this yet? Does it actually work? I have some cheap smokes that need help, but I hate to waste good coffee on a bad smoke.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I SHOULD HAVE UPDATED THIS THREAD A WHILE AGO

I let several sticks sit in a couple of different types of coffee for a couple of months. All they got was dusty. The only noticable coffee flavor they had was from the dust on the outside. I'm done trying, and with out good results. Yardgars are yardgars, let them serve thier purpose as is.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I took some Fohibas i recieved and put them in a cedar box that had been seasoned with NAVAN ( a Grand Manier vanilla Cognac) It has only been 2 months, but they are fairly dry to the touch, still squeezable and very aromatic. Lets see what happens!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Hey dpricenator, so you didn't actually infuse the cigars with coffee, did you at least infuse the coffee with cigars??? How was that?
I couldn't tell you, The coffee went right in the trash, with a big...WELL THAT WAS A WASTE:sadstare::sadpace::sadstare:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Two things.

I have done this with Cognac in the following manner. Got an empty box of 5vLimitada '06 that has a good seal for a box. I bought 5 5vGold cigars because they are mild. I filled two shot glasses up with the cognac and put them in two corners of the empty box and let them sit in there for a week to season the box, while this happened I let the cigars sit out for a week to dry out. After a week I put the five cigars in the box and filled the cognac shot glasses back up. Once a month I rotated the cigars and refilled the glasses. I did this for 5 months. The cigars definitely picked up some cognac sweetness in them, and you could smell it in the cigars before lighting them.

I think instead of using coffee (i haven't read the entire thread) you should use coffee beans. I think if you put some mild cigars, like the 5vGolds in a cigar box with a good seal and have some coffee beans in there, but not touching the cigars, that they might pick up the coffee flavor. Now that I think about it ground beans may even be better because of the larger surface area. You will have to switch the beans out with fresh ones when they lose their moisture. I would leave it for at least 5-6 months. I feel this may accomplish what you are looking to do better then using coffee in shot glasses or something to that extent.