What's new

Injury pics. Do. Not. Look. (if you can't handle it) Cannot be unseen!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wow, so I’m curious what the doctors told you. That looks alot better than the initial pictures.

I’m guessing down the road the doctors will have to debride it (fancy medical term for cleaning up any dead or infected tissue etc) and it’ll help move the healing process along as well.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Dude!!! I feel your pain, hand injuries are a big bag of suck. A few years ago I dropped a sheet of 1/2" plate on my hand, luckily I only sheared off one fingertip. I remember the pain of the next couple weeks very well. Hope the healing goes well for you!!!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Jeremy, it looks a lot better. It will likely be about a year before they aren't tender if you lightly bump them on anything. At least the worst is over. How's the pain at this point? Still throbbing?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Jeremy, it looks a lot better. It will likely be about a year before they aren't tender if you lightly bump them on anything. At least the worst is over. How's the pain at this point? Still throbbing?
Oh man, I wasn't expecting that long.... :eek:

It comes and goes. Not as bad if I remember to keep it elevated and take meds on time. Pretty miserable sometimes though.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Eh. Coming along I suppose. Still pretty miserable off and on. Everything is more difficult with one hand.... :(
Wife got some more pics when they took the bandages off last week, but I forgot to have her send them to me to post.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I cut the tip of my left thumb off when I was 16. Every once in a while I still hold it in the cusp of my palm or some reason. I feel for you man. Mine although less severe. I know your pain. Throbbing constant pain.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I cut the tip of my left thumb off when I was 16. Every once in a while I still hold it in the cusp of my palm or some reason. I feel for you man. Mine although less severe. I know your pain. Throbbing constant pain.
Exactly. Thanks man. Yeah, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to break the habit of constantly holding my hand up. If I drop it down right now , instant pain.

All these years of doing dangerous stuff, landscaping, tree cutting, running a giant tenon saw, glass work.. And then to do this.... :(

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Exactly. Thanks man. Yeah, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to break the habit of constantly holding my hand up. If I drop it down right now , instant pain.

All these years of doing dangerous stuff, landscaping, tree cutting, running a giant tenon saw, glass work.. And then to do this.... :(
I forgot about the arm down pain!!!! That sucks!!

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Instant pain… reminds me of the time I hopped down from the bed of the pickup truck I was riding in a couple days after getting my dick pierced. In boxer shorts and 90's hip-hop approved baggy pants (I think they were JNCOs). Imagine bungee jumping. Enjoy the mental picture.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My doctor told me to take 600mg of motrin and 2 extra strength tylenol at the same time. I don't see how, but he claims it's got the same effect as taking norco without the side effects
From someone in the medical field it almost does, it's just the max dose of an analgesic (the tylenol) and an anti-inflammatory (ibuprofen). You are basically throwing a hail mary at your pain, it's my go to for migraines and other aches and pains. And for the record you can do 800mg of ibuprofen safely unless you have stomach or kidney issues

Edit: I think it's more akin to toradol not norco

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I was the same way about taking the pain meds after my Hip surgery , Hated it, So when it was time, (Between u and the Doc) U will know, I found that 2 extra strength Tylenol 500 mg did the trick, Doc told me that no more than 3000 mg a day would be safe, (U may want to check with ur doc) but I'm only doing that twice a day and its keeps my pain under control ......Before the Hip surgery I was taken extra strength Advil 8-10 a-day , it really jacked my stomach and kidneys up as @kit_luce was saying ......

The real thing that amazed me was the cocktails they give in the hostpital, OMG there was shit they gave me that should only be used on ISIS, very strong warning labels (don't get me wrong, I was in deep with pain, but after the stuff they gave me, I was so far out of it) So glad that is behind me ......

U got this @Glassman

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Instant pain… reminds me of the time I hopped down from the bed of the pickup truck I was riding in a couple days after getting my dick pierced. In boxer shorts and 90's hip-hop approved baggy pants (I think they were JNCOs). Imagine bungee jumping. Enjoy the mental picture.
Woooooooow. :eek: :(

Such conflicting emotions! So horrible, but so funny! I'm sorry man...