What's new

Interesting reads

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The world's first all Nicaraguan cigar shop is now open, in Amsterdam. To commemorate this milestone, a beautiful book on the city of Estelí, its tobacco industry and main factories was also published under the same name: CIGARAGUA.
Did they ever post this for sale on the interwebs?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the ads from the late 1800's early 1900's I dont know what it is about it. Maybe the glamour associated with tobacco back then.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I like to look up the addresses of these places on Google Earth and go down to Street View and see what's there now. For example, at 646 South Main in Dayton there is now a Good Will-Easter Seals. But back in the day they used to produce good old SWASTIKA-brand stogies: :vomit:

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=LClLAQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&output=reader&hl=en&pg=GBS.RA8-PA24

And I would sure like to know what was in that Havanarine....
Until a few years ago, there was a Salvation Army shelter there and some weird shop that sold flags and banners. I've been by that place a million times in my life and never knew there used to be a cigar factory there. Weird.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Until a few years ago, there was a Salvation Army shelter there and some weird shop that sold flags and banners. I've been by that place a million times in my life and never knew there used to be a cigar factory there. Weird.
Wow! That's cool/weird.