What's new

Internet Cigar Sales are Down

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Don't believe everything you read fellas.
But it was on the internet, so it must be true! :D

Seriously though, that article sounded more like a big personal "F U" to someone the guy deals with, than a report on the current state of the cigar market. Lots of good new stuff by new companies --> more competition for market share? That's econ 101, nothing to get all freaked out about.

On the one hand, it would be interesting to know who that middle finger was pointed at. On the other hand, I don't smoke cigars so that I can take sides in an industry political battle. If my livelihood were tied to the industry, I'm sure I'd feel differently. And if word spreads of good/bad practices by XYZ cigar manufacturer/retailer/etc, then yeah, I'll keep that in mind when I'm deciding where to spend my money. But for now, I don't see anything worth getting fired up over.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Well I think it is the time of year, for Cigars, Marketing, and consumer's. After holidays, big rush to Buy Buy Buy, I know I have slowed down, but not because Cigars or internet or anything like that , Just that time of the year for me, ... God if I believed every thing I read, Trump will win, Obama is going to be a Judge in Chi-Town, and Monkeys will fly ........Just Sayin

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Pretty sure this guy is full of shit and is just writing a piece to make his services more in demand. B&M and internet sales are both valuable to the manufacturers. Can you imagine what manufacturers would do if the internet ceased to exist? Sales would plummet, overhead would need to get spread across fewer items of inventory and prices would skyrocket.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Well I think it is the time of year, for Cigars, Marketing, and consumer's. After holidays, big rush to Buy Buy Buy, I know I have slowed down, but not because Cigars or internet or anything like that , Just that time of the year for me, ... God if I believed every thing I read, Trump will win, Obama is going to be a Judge in Chi-Town, and Monkeys will fly ........Just Sayin
Brad, haven't you heard?
038.PNG

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Yeah.... Don't believe everything you read online ☺

I'm shocked at the number of brand owners turning to INSIDE sales reps instead of brokers lately... Maybe Irv is just trying to drum up some brands to rep for... Idk...

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk