What's new

IPCPR - Las Vegas recap

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Wassup guys. I just got back home from spending a great week in Vegas with Mark (SWAM), Marvin (MC808), Naomi (Marvin's wifey), Dan (Mark's brother) and Jon (Fia). Met a bunch of great BOTLs, vendors, manufacturers, bloggers... I didn't get to take much pictures at the IPCPR floor but here is a quick recap of my crazy crazy week and few cell phone shots.

Saturday
Arrived into Vegas around 7:45pm. After checking in at the hotel, we met up with Mark and Fia at Del Frisco's for dinner.

This is the 007 wine cellar that transforms from a table while playing theme songs from various James Bond movies.

Steak!

After dinner, the sommelier gave us a tour of the wine cellar. This was the biggest bottle I found in corner of the cellar.

Rows of nebuchadnezzers

Why are these so dang expensive?

After dinner, we headed to Alec Bradley hospitality room at the Palazzo. This is the new cigar for IPCPR, Black Market.

Black Market display. I think there were also a 60 ring gauge box pressed Prensado but I didn't get a picture of it.

After steak, cigars, booze, all we needed was some dessert before bed so we headed to Grand Lux Cafe in Venetian. You can't tell from the pic but these were the biggest pieces of cake and pies I ever seen.

Keylime Pie

Finally headed back to the hotel at around 4am.

Cigars smoked today in no particular order
- Alec Bradley Black Market Robusto
- Alec Bradley Prensado Corona Gorda
- CAO La Traviata Intrepido
- J. Fuego Sangre de Toro Original

Day 1
Sleep count - 0 hrs
Cigar count - 4 cigars

Sunday
This was my one and only free day before the show or events so rented a car to drive around. Dan and I went to the Premium Outlet Mall and Meade Shopping Center. Saw the biggest Bath and Bodyworks ever.

Got a double double animal style at In-N-Out Burger and checked out Pheasant Cigars that was located in the same parking lot. Very comfortable looking lounge but selections were less than par.

Picked up a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue for $149 at Total Wine. Humongous Costco of liquor had anything and everything except bacon flavored vodka and celery bitters lol (inside joke). We don't see these guys at home

Drove to Man Cave for a smoke and they were CLOSED!!! Who closes a cigar shop on a Sunday? Charles did explain why they close on Sunday on another visit. Thanks bro.

Headed to Binions for the Hawaii party. I didn't take a single picture of the party since we had so many bloggers there so I'll leave it up to them. Thanks all for coming down and making this a great party. We hope you all had a great time.

After our party ended at around 12pm, we headed up to the rooftop for Paul Vato's Pool Party. Had few drinks and watched his wife roll some cigars before calling it a day.

Finally called it a day at 3:30AM. Only got to smoke 2 cigars today. That BHK took almost 3hrs to smoke.
- Fonseca Special Series for TAA
- Cohiba BHK56

Day 2
Sleep count - 4 hrs
Cigar count - 6 cigars

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Monday
Woke up early for first day of IPCPR. Got to the Sands Expo at 9am and it was a good thing because the lines were out the doors. These 3 pictures are the only pics I took at IPCPR floor.

Dan and Mark working hard on quality assurance testing

I thought I got a good picture of the MUWAT until I saw Dan's face in the corner...you bastid!

I think this was the Bahia booth. This dude was fast!

We went to Wynn buffet for some Alaskan King Crab legs. We asked the cashier to make sure there were on the menu before we paid and ended up with snow crabs. Wynn need to train their employees better.

After dinner we went to the Gran Habanos party at the Palazzo. Got to try the much talked about Zulu Zulu connecticut. Great smoke by the way and can't wait to try the habano version.

Next was Rhum Bar at the Mirage to see Tim Wong from Rocky Patel, thanks for the drinks Tim! Smoked and drank a mojito before walking around the corner to Casa Fuente.

Finally got to try the Casa Fuente Lancero along with the mojito.

Got back to the hotel around 2am but decided to do a bit of gambling. Finally went to bed around 5am.
- CAO Osa
- Heights Corona
- Brun Del Re Corona
- J. Fuego Sangre de Toro Robusto
- Gran Habano Zulu Zulu Connecticut Lancero
- Casa Fuente Lancero

Day 3
Sleep count - 7 hrs
Cigar count - 12 cigars

Tuesday
Woke up at 10AM because I didn't couldn't hear my alarm. It might have something to do with the fact that I only slept total of 11hrs since Saturday. We got to the show a bit late but did get around to seeing a lot of the vendors today.

After the event, we all headed to Havana Cigar on Paradise Rd. Got to meet and smoke with the beautiful owners of the place. For dinner we drove to Sushi House Goyemon on Spring Valley. Awesome sushi at great prices. I think we ate more than 30 shrimp tempuras.

After dinner we went to Cigar Press party at the Cosmopolitan. Check out this awesome view from their suite.

We left the party early in hopes of catching up on sleep but got stuck at the craps table for few hours. Finally got to bed around 5am... again.

- La Gloria Cubana Retro
- My Father El Picador - Mahalos Larry!
- EPC New Wave Conneticut
- Don Cervantes Masterpiece
- Joya De Nicaragua Cabinetta Lancero

Day 4
Sleep count - 11 hrs
Cigar count - 17 cigars

Wednesday
This is our last day since we are flying out Thursday morning. Off to the show as usual and did the 10-5pm thing again today. My feet was killing me and I was completely drained.

After the show we made another attempt at Man Cave. Beautiful lounge with comfortable chairs and a big screen tv. Charles explained the Sunday closing thing and it made perfect sense.

Dinner was at Claim Jumper followed by another visit to Havana Cigars. Smoked their house blend which was pretty good. The lights came on at the bar telling us it was already 2am and we realized we couldn't go to sleep or we would miss our 6am shuttle to the airport. We decided to stay up by going to Spearmint Rhino until we had to return the rental car and pack our suitcases.

All in all, it was a great trip. I learned a great deal and experience another side of the cigar business.

I took this picture when I got home. All the samples I received and the bottle of blue I purchased at Total Wine.

- Tatuaje Fausto
- Casa Fernandez Agarnosa leaf
- Lou Rodriguez Connecticut
- Man Cave Sublime
- Havana Cigar Company Panatela

Day 5
Sleep count - 15 hrs
Cigar count - 22 cigars

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
thanks for sharing your experience! sounds like a typical vegas trip to me (sleep-wise).
btw, isnt the talent at spearmint the best youve ever seen? :stretchgr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome photos and even better explanation of each. Sounds like you had an excellent experience.