What's new

IPCPR Review: T52 Flying Pig

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Tuesday night of IPCPR, at Don Leoncio cigar bar, Cigar Press had a party in conjuction with Pete Johnson, Dion Giolito, and Jonathan Drew. I had a chance to talk briefly with Jonathan, and before moving on into the crowd, he handed me a T52 Flying Pig.

The T52 Flying Pig will be released in boxes of 12, just like the No. 9 Flying Pig. I had a chance to talk a little with Steve Saka about the new FP as well. He said that once they get a final count of boxes, they will all ship at the same time to shops. Each shop getting the same allotment...except for those that had issues getting the No. 9 FP.

The T52 pig has a nice dark, oily, toothy wrapper. Very solid constuction, with the same curled pig-tail cap. The pre-light offering was a flavor of cocoa and leather.

The first third of the T52 Flying Pig had a strong blast of cocoa and leather, mixed with some coffee. The level of spice/pepper on this first third was quite high.

The middle third offered flavors of coffee and cocoa. There were subtle notes of leather, and the pepper/spice calmed down. Subtle notes of cedar also worked it's way out.

A solid, medium gray ash held on really tight, moving into the final third. Cedar was the prevalent flavor, mixed with notes of cocoa and leather.

Now I know this ring gauge is not the most popular on BOTL, but I could care less with this cigar. What a tremendous flavor bomb!!! I am really looking forward to getting my hands on more of these cigars. I think that they are amazing right now, and can only wait to see how they change with time.

The T52 pig lasted me 75 minutes.

Big thanks to Jonathan Drew for giving me this amazing cigar!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Great review and pics! That pig looks and sounds amazing. I will have to try and track one down here locally. Thanks for posting such an awesome review.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Jere, thanks for the excellant review and pic's and for sharing your smoking experience! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That cigar looks beautiful. And look at that ash! The ad campaign that Drew Estate runs for their T52s should have one word: "Quality."

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I don't remember seeing this review when it was posted. I'm a T52 junkie and did enjoy the flying pig as weird of a size as it was. Hell I like lancero rings the most but I did like the flavors from the original flying pig.