What's new

iPhone 4S

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
So, who's jumping on one?

I'm stoked about the IOS5 udpate. There are some great new features coming with that. So far it seems like the only thing exclusive to the 4S (other than the hardware) is the Siri app. Of course the new hardware upgrades aren't anything to sneeze at either, IMHO.

Are you disappointed as so many of the geek blogs seem to be by the fact that it is a 4S and not a 5 (wonder if they would have been happier or angrier if they just called it the 5?)?

I will probably pick one up in December because I have to get one anyway and I won't be eligible on either line (mine or my wifes) for upgrade for two years at this point. I currently have the 4 which will go to the wife and barring any big hiccups about the 4S the $100 will be worth it to me to get the newest and greatest available in December.

What about the rest of you?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Oh, and I have my first request of Apple. Either do it yourself, or allow third party developers to do the following:

Give me the option of multiple voices for Siri. And one of them MUST be HAL! And when I ask it to do something it can't (or specifically if I ask it to open the pod bay doors, it must say, "I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

Even better if it can put my name in place of "Dave".

:thumbsup:

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have an android phone on Sprint right now that is completely terrible, so I am hoping I am eligible for an upgrade with this coming to Sprint.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
If I can sell my current one and pay for the new one, why not?! Ebay just sent out a blast email buying 4's outright...no auctions..straight lapyap payments and it more than pays for the 4S.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Well, since I would like to get away from AT&T and go with Verizon, I'll have to wait till my contract is up for my 4.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My company is going to let me expense one of these it looks like, so i guess upgrade as well. My wife is still kicking the 3GS and needs a new one also. Looks like we will both have a new one pretty soon. She will be happy, she is still mad i have the 4 and she doesnt!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I am considered a "supervisor" which is a very loose term but they district will pay for my phone. They also cover half my bill for me.
Rub it in brother! :hysterica

So is it just me? Am I just not geeky enough, too easy to please, or is the geek-osphere to hard to please? Every article I read has to mention how disappointing the updates are, and I just read one that said they weren't impressed with the IOS5 updates. Maybe Apple's screwed themselves with such big leaps so far that now people expect way too much? I don't get it.

Can't wait to get the wife on the iPhone. It will keep me from having to answer the "how do I do this" questions about a phone I don't know (her Palm POS), and most importantly it should help with the fact that we have been getting hit with overage charges for texts every month as we'll be able to use the iMessage app for texting between ourselves and friends with iPhones. I will miss the ability to respond, "because you don't have an iPhone" when she asks me, "why won't my phone do X?" :agreeclen

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I too am struggling to understand why people care if it's a 4S vs 5 versus "Thor" for a name. They upgraded the hardware an added a lot of features that I see. ICloud will be most cool.

What was the "5" rumored to have that the 4S doesn't? Did it cook me breakfast?