What's new

Iphone 5 or Droid razor DNA???

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I need some help here brothers. I've had droids for the past few phones but the I phone 5 has caught my eye and I'm leaning towards it. Any of you used it? Thoughts, pro's, con's. I would be going with Verizon because Sprint blows where I live and I can't get anything else really that's worth a sh$t (not doing prepaid). btw I've never had a Iphone but I have ipod's and a I used to have a 1st gen touch.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've been an iPhone guy since the first release. The iPhone 5 impressed me so little that I dumped it all for the galaxy s3. Absolutely love it. Just like apple changed the game and trail blazed the way for smartphones a few years ago, android phones are doing that now.

Go with the Android phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Had almost every iPhone to date. the iPhone 5 is killer. Incredibly fast experience, the best app store around, and if you switch away from sprint you'll have a good carrier. No brainer for me.

(other benefits.... great camera even in low light, best customer support, you get to update your OS when you choose, not when a carrier tells you you can, etc....)

PM me if you have any questions.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Funny, my wife just upgraded to the iphone 5 and I just upgraded to the DNA.

The DNA has a much bigger screen and I think takes a better picture. The bigger screen thing is great, IMO, because I'm a bigger guy with big hands, but if you're looking for something more compact the DNA is not for you.

Overall, and I haven't played with my wife's phone all that much, but I'm very happy I've got the DNA and not the iPhone. I'm told the iPhone doesn't have widgets and there is no way to hide icons you don't use, except maybe putting them all in their own folder.

The only thing that makes me a little weary is that my last HTC phone broke twice (nothing to do on my end, the system just crashed and stopped working) within the 2 year contract period and one of those times was outside of the 1 year manufacturers warranty, which means I would have been SOL if I didn't have a friend with an extra phone.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Android hands down, I haven't payed with the DNA but I have the S3 and it is magical.... Buy your phone from Best Buy, they will price match any competitor and their warranty service is the best around. $0 deductible on replacements and it covers accessories that came with the phone and you can also return a phone a unlimited amount of times. That shit is unheard of nowadays. Either way enjoy!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 while getting a blumpkin!

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I played with the S-3 in the store and it was remarkably similar to my HTC sensation which I've had for the last year or so, so I went with the DNA. Can anyone offer insight in to why I was wrong?

(still in the return period if any of you are super convincing, lol)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have the HTC evo3d now and it just blows,(crashes a lot, locks up and generally pisses me off) I was looking at the S3 but dam it's big. Too big for a pocket phone. I'll check out the X. Thanks Brothers!!

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got the S3 recently and LOVE it. The features are amazing, the screen is BEAUTIFUL, it is just awesome. And Harley, I was afraid it was too big for a pocket phone too but it isn't bad at all. I don't even notice it to be honest. Screw the IPhone, S3 is the way to go.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Being in the business...the DNA is a pretty awesome phone. iPhone 5 Meh.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have the s3 and I really like it but I find myself always going back to the iPhone. IMO mug more fluid for normal activities. I email all day and text, android to me was an extra step for everything I needed to do. The operating system is unreal though.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
No mention of battery life? Is this not an issue for anyone here with a newer phone? I've had Droids and Windows phones and if battery life didn't suck out of the box, it did within a year. I'm leaning towards Iphone for just that reason....unless it isn't a reason anymore.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am on my phone constantly Dave and I haven't had issues with battery life yet on the S3. I had the original Galaxy for 2 years before upgrading and the battery life on that was great too.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You some how think the iPhone has better battery life then the Android phones???

At least with an Android phone you can buy a replacement battery and not have to swap out your whole phone to get a new one. Also charging adapters are cheaper when your not stuck with apples proprietary interfaces.

No mention of battery life? Is this not an issue for anyone here with a newer phone? I've had Droids and Windows phones and if battery life didn't suck out of the box, it did within a year. I'm leaning towards Iphone for just that reason....unless it isn't a reason anymore.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
JNT, that is very clearly the case in my very limited experience -- no metrics, no measurements ....but just eyeballing through casual observation - some WIFI, some streaming some simple gaming, etc...between an Iphone4 and a Samsung Droid, there's no comparison. Iphone battery bested the Samsung by not just minutes or hours, but by days.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I use a Droid razr max my wife has a iphone 4s. I choose the Droid hands down over a iPhone. The only thing i like about the iPhone more is the camera takes a better picture. That's it though, my Droid out performs the iPhone in every other way

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2