What's new

Ireland Trip

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
All,

I am pleased to say I recently came back from an amazing trip to Ireland.

While there, I was well, honored to be a part of the Munster Rugby Guard of Honor before a game, saw the Giro d'Italia bike race, toured neolithic sites, ate grand at cafes and a two star Michelin restaurant, had not only Guinness but new local craft beers, and perhaps most importantly, experienced the amazing Irish hospitality.

This was driven home when a simple email of advice led to a special tour of James Fox's Cigars in Dublin. The person who I emailed not only coordinated our visit but left us a gift basket for our arrival.

I had never spoken with him before.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

We saw WWII era cabinet selections, Davidoffs and what not from the 50's 60's and 70's. It was amazing.

I was so floored by the hospitality.

And the person who I emailed for advice, and sent us the gift basket? Only said the following-

"All I request in return is, for you to spread the word that Ireland is open for business. Please tell your friends/family/twitter etc of your experience of Ireland. Hopefully that will encourage more people to visit and experience all we have to offer. Fine food, great drink, a beautiful country and truly wonderful people."

And it is true.

When you can, come here.

And I know we'll be back.

[video=youtube;9wmIZEl1nSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmIZEl1nSo[/video]

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Thanks for sharing brother. I think I recognize those hands... David is a great guy for sure. Did you meet anyone else in the shop? Yiorgos is a great guy too, hopefully you had a chance to talk to him. I was only in Dublin a couple days but you are absolutely right about the hospitality and that people should definitely visit Ireland if given the chance.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for sharing brother. I think I recognize those hands... David is a great guy for sure. Did you meet anyone else in the shop? Yiorgos is a great guy too, hopefully you had a chance to talk to him. I was only in Dublin a couple days but you are absolutely right about the hospitality and that people should definitely visit Ireland if given the chance.
That was him!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was there for work in 2011, great place and wonderful people. Being a huge fan of Guinness made the trip even better. I only had three days to see outside of Dublin. But I caught some sites. Smithwicks is another great beer and I toured that brewery as well. Outstanding trip overall.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I officially have Ireland on my list now. My mother in law just got back and absolutely loved it....my only experience with the Irish is at Epcot in Disney...I want to experience the real thing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great post, ... ThroughHisStomach...
My husband says I am a Euro-snob, but come on, isn't it good to have such good experiences in Europe?

On a side note, your dad's salad dressing is veeeeeeery rich. Does it really need just 24 hours to mingle? I imagine the flavors fighting in the fridge ;) kidding

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I was there for work in 2011, great place and wonderful people. Being a huge fan of Guinness made the trip even better. I only had three days to see outside of Dublin. But I caught some sites. Smithwicks is another great beer and I toured that brewery as well. Outstanding trip overall.
Yeah, definitely not the same here. So damn good there.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for the great post, ... ThroughHisStomach...
My husband says I am a Euro-snob, but come on, isn't it good to have such good experiences in Europe?

On a side note, your dad's salad dressing is veeeeeeery rich. Does it really need just 24 hours to mingle? I imagine the flavors fighting in the fridge ;) kidding
24 hours!

And a little goes a long way.

It is a dressing not a drowning.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ireland is on the wife and I's list for travel destinations. She still has family over there as she is second generation here in the states. It looks amazing! Look at the selection!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ireland and Scotland are on the BucketList for sure....hard to decide where to go in Europe before I croak...south of France is on the next trip in April of '16....then a Transatlantic Cruise back from Rome to the States...one way.