What's new

is a swimmer an athlete

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Definitely athletes. I roomed with a swimmer my freshman year in college. Man was that guy in shape. The whole shaving thing was strange though. Now...the girl ex-gymnast in my doorm freshman year...man, wow. The stuff dreams are made of. They must have kicked her out of the sport because she had a chest. Just. Wow.
I also roomed with a swimmer. Dude shaved his legs...hard to get used to. LOL

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I agree witht he masses...a swimmer is indeed and most definitely an athelete.

but what about the air rifle people. Are they atheletes?!?! By definition, i suppose they are, but that's a rough one to swallow. That's gotta be a loose translation.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ron, did you happen to see the mens 4x100 (bread and butter of swim) last night?

USA pulled off an insane win over the French, after the French said they were there to smash the USA.

Anyways, I'm sure if you watched that specific event, your thoughts would change a little :p

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It looks like you owe your wife a dinner out or some new jewelry -- I agree with Dex and Kyleb on this one. What are the chances of drowning on the football field? And yes, BTW, I was on the swim team in HS, but that has nothing to do with it.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Ron, did you happen to see the mens 4x100 (bread and butter of swim) last night?

USA pulled off an insane win over the French, after the French said they were there to smash the USA.

Anyways, I'm sure if you watched that specific event, your thoughts would change a little :p
i was watching reruns of WWF

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I think swimmers are athletes because they are showing of there athletic abilities as a person. to me gulf is a little different because it isnt about strenght of speed it is more like chess to me. jmho

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

That was probably one of the best relay events I have ever seen! I can't believe how fast Lezak caught that Frenchie on the last leg! We watched that live and went nuts when he out touched him at the end. What was it like 5 teams finished above the world record for that?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Michael Phelps = SUPERMAN!!!

Did anyone catch what Michael Phelps eat every day just to look the way he looks which is insane! He eats between 8000 to 12000 calories a day. Rush Limbaugh was making fun of him and how much he is wasting, LMAO!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The other night when you had the US olympic 400 meter mens freestyle take out france who was heavily favored in fact the US was supposed to maybe take the bronze. The US mens team took gold and break the world record by about 4 sec. In fact these swimmers were going so fast that even 4th andd 5th non medalists broke the world record. This alone says so much about training regiments that are going on in this sport. I love science and sports and how to increase the output of the human body, it amazing.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
10,000 calories a day.......He's got to be doing something to burn them. Show me a lineman that could eat that many calories a day and NOT be one fat lineman.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anybody else (besides Mark Unfairtoast) here that swims? I joined a Masters team last week and am up to 1100 meters at a workout. I was on teams from age 9-13 and then in high school but was never very fast. I've been swimming on my own at the gym for the past 6-8 months but figured this would get me to do a lot more, and improve my stroke besides (no pun intended). So far I was right on both counts.

Last edited:

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I took lessons around 13 years, 7 of them being in the swim team. Not anymore. Though I am looking for rescue swimming lessons.