What's new

Is the Anejo Shark worth the extra $$$

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They are only worth it if you think it is. I like them but not for the prices they charge for them...some places are dealing and giving pricing that is pretty good and that's when I buy these cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just finished the box off at my local B&M, they had the 77's for $11.35 limit 2 per person per day. their 5 boxes lasted 2 weeks and i ended up with 41 of them. My favs are the 46's but you can trade for harder to find stuff with these sharkies all year long!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharks seem to have a few things going for them. They seem to age better and the shape allows for a longer ash I feel. There's just something about the shape that makes the smoke that much better than the other sizes.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I tend to like the 46 as well. The shark is great but I never see that big of a price difference between the two. Some of My Local B&Ms are getting 20 a stick for all of the limited fuentes. and then 30-35 for the lost cities and don carlos. However if youre lucky enough to find them online for under 20 bucks then snag em for sure.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
just finished the box off at my local B&M, they had the 77's for $11.35 limit 2 per person per day. their 5 boxes lasted 2 weeks and i ended up with 41 of them. My favs are the 46's but you can trade for harder to find stuff with these sharkies all year long!
That's a heck of a price. $11.35 each... must be nice!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't want to disparage anyone's interest in a cigar, but here's my .02. Back in the 80s AF was a great cigar company, they had great cigars, and priced competitively. AF has had a stringent policy of not allowing it's vendors to make up pricing or overcharging. During the cigar boom they shifted focus more to the unattainable or limited runs of cigars. Today they continue this type of marketing and still turn a blind eye to price gouging. I'm not saying they don't have good cigars, they do, I'm just not supporting this type of making money at all cost mentality and hype. The recent release of the ''Casa Cuba' line is a prime example of this. They're much better cigars available today. Support the little guy until he grows into a monster like AF. The 'Shark' is just an overpriced, overhyped cigar that's not that great anyway, IMHO. Drew Estate seems to be on the same path.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
If you can find it at MSRP, yes. If not, NO. I have a bunch I was able to find at MSRP. Some from 2010, 2011 and a bunch from last year. This year I can't find any at MSRP and I will not be overpaying for it if I do find them.