What's new

Is this for real?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pre-embargo 100% cuban cigars don't sell for $15-18 they are much higher' upwards of $5000 a box depending on the marca.They might be un-enjoyable when you get them, due to storage conditions. Watch the wording carefully in the ads usually the amount of cuban leaf in these cigars are minimal at best. With all that being said why would you pay 2-3 times what the real deal is going for?
'Nuff said for me!!!:thumbsup: :smokingbo

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
'Nuff said for me!!!:thumbsup: :smokingbo
Ah but it is not a pre-embargo cigar, its pre-embargo tobacco. No one said it was premier quality cuban tobacco, only that it came from Cuba. This is far to visible to be fake. Too many top B&M's carry the product. What it is is wishful thinking. Just because the tobacco came from cuba doesnt mean it has to be good. Its an interesting cigar that costs far more than its worth.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pinars are legit, but I was under the impression that they are not 100% cuban tobacco, and in fact may have very little at all. I believe most people described these cigars as tasting like piss. But I've never tried one myself.

TYLER
Only the BEST aged piss!

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Ah but it is not a pre-embargo cigar, its pre-embargo tobacco. No one said it was premier quality cuban tobacco, only that it came from Cuba. This is far to visible to be fake. Too many top B&M's carry the product. What it is is wishful thinking. Just because the tobacco came from cuba doesnt mean it has to be good. Its an interesting cigar that costs far more than its worth.
Sorry for the confusion and I do agree no one claimed it was premier quality.
I based my thoughts on the link provided in the first post of this thread. I had the impression the description read they were rolled pre-embargo and my point was the price didn't come near pre-embargo cigars. Even pre-embargo peso cigars go for close to that at legitimate auctions even though no-one except the original owner could authenticate the date of manufacture.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
These were bales of tobacco. Certified. Going fer smoke if you really want to try one, let me know.