What's new

ISO Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I actually had the Shipyard Pumpkin while I was back in MA and I thought it was a lot better than DFH's. A little more spice which I liked.

BeerAdvocate

BeerHunter
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My personal tastes find most all the pumpkin ales to be overly spiced. The batch I used I used hardly any spice and I think it's just right.
I agree. I know lots of people love ST Pumpking but I think it is way over spiced.
I brewed my pumpkin ale with just a little bit of cinnamon,nutmeg,orange peel and one vanilla bean. Nice and creamy with just a little spice in the background

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I agree. I know lots of people love ST Pumpking but I think it is way over spiced.
I brewed my pumpkin ale with just a little bit of cinnamon,nutmeg,orange peel and one vanilla bean. Nice and creamy with just a little spice in the background
I did the same I'm just waiting for it to carb up. I think it'll be quite smooth and delicious. It bugs me to look at homebrew recipes that have a TON of spices in there. I cook a lot too and I extend my cooking knowledge into brewing. A little spice goes a long way. Especially with cinnamon and the typical spices in pumpkin pie. Some of the recipes even list the individual spices and then a dose of pumpking pie spice! What's the damn point of adding a mixture spice? We should trade pumpkin ales.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I can find plenty of DFH for you. I get a 4 pak of 90 minute at least once a week and usually see about 4-5 other lines from DFH including the 60 min, Palo Santo Marron, Punkin, Peche, IBA, Midas Touch, Burton Baton, Black and Blue, and Pangea. Pumpkin ales are not my style but DFH definitely has the best in that category, IMO.

I'd be glad to send you whatever you want. Just send a PM and we'll work it out.