What's new

jd at the outlaw oct 9

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Where even to begin???

What a fantastic day! Gorgeous weather, great company, great cigars, great times, great food, great drinks!

First off... the store!
Outlaw was an amazing cigar store ( I use that term loosely, because it is so much more! The atmosphere and setup was incredible. The humidor was amazing... complete with every cigar you could ask for, a guy rolling cigars, and personable humidor attndt! The staff at Outlaw was unbelievable! Kendall and the crew was amazing to be around... the energy, hospitality... unbeatable! I thank them for hosting such an amazing event... and to think they do this like EVERY MONTH!!

Secondly... the event!
They had a whole hog.... great eats! They had kegs of Boulevard! The Bob's 47 Oktoberfest brew was very tasty, and really complimented the LP's!! The car show had some great automobile eye candy... Oh yeah, and some of the ladies around there... :eyequiver The Machine Gun Guy had some cool toys! The raffle was amazing... the gun they gave away... (And Bob, the guy came back as we were talking to JD before leaving... he got some good pics taken with his winnings and JD!!) And the amount of swag they tossed to the crowd, and raffled off was great! And to wrap up the evening, had a poker tournament, even!!

Next... the company!
"How are you doing, little fella?"
This was, of course, the greeting from Bob that I had expected, when I went up front to greet him!!
It was awesome getting to meet Bob & Larry!! ( I told my 3 year old I was going to meet "Bob & Larry", and he was upset that he didn't get to go see the "VeggieTales"... if you have a child, you'll get this!) Getting to sit and relax with some great cigars, great drinks, and great company made a wonderful afternoon! And Bob just kept hitting us hard! I took 2 massive pans of baked ziti to try to pay Bob & Larry back for so many great bombs! And instead of trying to level it up a tiny, tiny bit, Bob just kept hitting us!!! He would leave the lounge area and return with stick after stick! I got a wonderful My Father Le Bijou & T52 from him. Also, he would not accept my money for the J. Fuego Origen Originals I had him stash for me a while back... as a matter of fact, he nearly bitch-slapped me when I tried to put my money into his hand! He also shared some tasty Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA with us! AND to top it all... he hands over a massive bag of sticks he assembled throughout the day, in the locker lounge, that we were to divide up, on the way home! This guy is too frickin' much!!!!

Lastly... Jonathan Drew!
This doesn't seem to be a cigar owner/manufacturer/etc. This man seemed like your buddy from the old neighborhood! Like Bob said, he was very fond of BOTL. He made it a point to spend time talking to us before we made our 2.5hr trek back to "Northeastern Oklahoma"! And this man can talk!!!! (in a good way!) He has so much passion for tobacco, the history and science of tobacco, marketing, and a passion for his consumers!! It was a delight to talk with him. I walked away with a lot more interest and understanding in some aspects that I hadn't paid much attention to, before. His energy and generosity were fantastic. (He did poke a little fun at me for having an ACID box for him to sign... he said he couldn't believe a BOTL'er would walk up with a "crack" box. But, I didn't have anything for him to sign, and asked Kendall for a slip of paper, and after laughing at my meager request, he tossed an empty box my way!) And he can relate to people on so many levels... talked veterinary science with Dan & Aaron!

And his generosity... Like Dan said, on the way out, he crammed a baggy full of goodies for us to take home with us, including a couple Dirty Rats, which were scarce that day! And he took down our addresses for a future goody bag... aka: JD4's. So giving with his time and product! What a great personality to meet. I HIGHLY recommend it as a must attend event if you get the opportunity anywhere!!! And... I walked away with trying to figure out how to even get on the Cigar Safari, sometime in my near future!!

It's funny I titled this "Speechless...", because I've dragged on for a while. But I just had to try to express how wonderful this day and event was!

I will get my pictures up, soon!!!!!

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Dan and Aaron have posted a lot of great pics... I'll try to post some I have, that they don't...

The trip up was such an EXCITING drive through Kansas...

Ahhhh... The Outlaw:

Kendall Culbertson and me:

And This Little Piggy Went to... Frankie's Tummy...

My first smoke of the day:

My second smoke of the day (Thanks Bob!!!):

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I KNOW it's an Acid box...

My purchases of the day:

Goodies from Bob (minus the Le Bijou I enjoyed that day):

For the birthday boy from Bob, and JDrew:

Goodies from JDrew:

Another good pic of Dan:

I like this one of me...

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Sure wish I couldn't been there. Glad to see you guys got to see what I have in my backyard. I'm blessed to have such a great local shop.

You suck!!

No, it's awesome you have such a great place to hang out, and get your sticks! I could only wish for half as good a shop in my town. :cryloud:

Wish I could have met you, Saturday... guess it will just be a good excuse to head up that way, again, someday soon!! :eyebrow: