What's new

jd at the outlaw oct 9

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think Doc is having a bad fever starting... better take off this next weekend to recooperate!!

I'm excited this is coming up really quickly!

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Man, the more I read on Facebook from Outlaw and Jonathan Drew, the more and more excited I'm getting about this!!! Sounds like it's gonna be (if I may borrow a term from the younger generation) SICK!!!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
what a great day at the outlaw!!!!! met up with larry, dan, frank and aaron. had some great sticks and met with jonathan. he is a GREAT guy and speaks highly of botl. he even gave away a cigar safari trip to raffle off. i won a t52 ashtray that is the TITS!!!! one of the best events i have been to. if you get a chance to meet jd at your local, do NOT pass on the opportunity!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Glad to hear everyone had a great time and Bob (The Teacher) was finally able to get all his students under one roof! :grin:

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
what a great day at the outlaw!!!!! met up with larry, dan, frank and aaron. had some great sticks and met with jonathan. he is a GREAT guy and speaks highly of botl. he even gave away a cigar safari trip to raffle off. i won a t52 ashtray that is the TITS!!!! one of the best events i have been to. if you get a chance to meet jd at your local, do NOT pass on the opportunity!
Agreed, couldn't have asked for a better birthday. JD was amazingly generous and the whole event was just awesome. The ashtray Bob won was freakin' awesome! I'll get my pics posted tomorrow.

Dan

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah I had a blast today! Jonathan was great to talk to and was way to generous! Bob was a very gracious host to Outlaw! I am looking forward to many more trips to KC!

Aaron

Sent from my DROIDX

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Here's my pics :grin:.

Frank

Myself

Aaron

My first smoke of the day was a Sultan robusto.

Decent cigar, but quite different from the churchill.

Frank and Larry.

Frank finally gets to meet Bob :grin:.

My second cigar of the day was a LP #9 Flying Pig :grin:.

And the third cigar of the day was my first LP T-52. Very good, though not as strong as I had expected.

The Machine Gun Guy was there.

It was really cool to watch them rolling cigars, never seen it done in person before.

Bob and the Joplin Crew.

JD and Frank.

It's already been said a few times, but I'll say it again. JD was so full of enthusiasm and generosity. He truly is a great guy to hang around with.

Bob dropped this travel humi on me which JD signed and threw some sticks in :grin:.

Bob would disappear for a while and then reappear with goodies every so often. I don't care what they say about your age Bob, you're a great guy :laugh:. At the end of the day he handed us a bag of cigars and said divide it up on the way home :popeyes:.

I bought a few things while I was there.

And before leaving JD asked if we'd had any LPs that day. We had and I'd bought some to take home as well, but he pulled us over to the cashier booth and pulled out some goodie bags from behind the counter, tossed in a few others before handing them to us...a true BOTL through and through.

We all had such a great time, we're already talking about our next trip to the Outlaw :grin:.

Dan

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Wow. That speaks a lot about JD, very impressive. Sounds like one helluva good time with some good folks

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
i went by and looked at the pistole today. it is freakin' HUGE. it must weight 10 lbs. i can't imagine firing that thing!
The weight help keeps the recoil down. Sure looks like a .500 though.

Excellent photo's Dan! Looks like you fellas had a great time. Are you sure the guy behind the tabacco leaves was just rolling tabacco!! LOL Mabye the Drew man had some special infusing happening there...JKG He just reminded me of someone I knew back in the day!! LOL
Anyways glad you had a great time. Events are such a blast...can't wait till my next one if there is one.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
The weight help keeps the recoil down. Sure looks like a .500 though.

Excellent photo's Dan! Looks like you fellas had a great time. Are you sure the guy behind the tabacco leaves was just rolling tabacco!! LOL Mabye the Drew man had some special infusing happening there...JKG He just reminded me of someone I knew back in the day!! LOL
Anyways glad you had a great time. Events are such a blast...can't wait till my next one if there is one.
it was a 460. guy that won it wasn't even there when his name was drawn!

the roller is kevin, who is an employee of outlaw. never seen him dressed in any different clothes (all black, vest and hat) in all the time i've gone there.