What's new

Jerky

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I love using the Hi Mountain pepper blend. I cure mine for 48 hours and then dry it out using my charcoal smoker with some chunks of hickory. Need to use about a coffee cans worth of charcoal and then switch up racks after an hour so they dry out evenly. When I used venison it was better then most beef and the beef was awesome. I liked mine sliced about an 1/4" thick so it was chewy and not bark like.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This all make me hungry, when I use to voulenteer at a local public shooting range. A customer use to bring me Elk Jerky he apprently made out of the cuts of Elk he did not think was worth much. Her made it hot and spicy.

That is the only reason I miss the voulenteer gig.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Think of it as South African Jerky.

It's a little meatier, has a nice Dried Coriander, Pepper rub on it. But let's the meat flavor shine a bit more than skinny Soy based Jerky's.

Built the box a little while back to make a bunch at a time.

Project can be found here: http://www.botl.org/threads/biltong-thread.89110/
Sounds good. Can you use any type of meat? What do you like to use?

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Sounds good. Can you use any type of meat? What do you like to use?
I use Fresh Silverside mainly. Topside works well too, but I actually like a little strip of fat on the edge so I favor the Silverside. Very basic recipe using Apple Cider Vinegar and Safari Biltong Spice Mix (eBay has 1kg bags). Worth a shot mate.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Made some homemade jerky today. Marinated for 24 hours in a nice Porter, garlic salt, onion flake, brown sugar, jalapeno and red pepper flake, cracked black pepper with some cure. Smoked for 4+ hours until ready.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk