What's new

Jesus Fuego's Origen Originals - Scavenger Hunt Post

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This won't be the best review, but it is my first.

Jesus Fuego’s Origen Originals

Construction: This is an interesting little cheroot that I picked up at my local B&M. I bought it on a whim as it was next to the register and was cheap enough. It’s got Nicaraguan filler with a dark wrapper. Let’s face it, this stick won’t win any beauty contests. Both ends are open so, no need for a cutter or punch. The stick itself if firm with no noticeable soft spots. It’s also lighter weight then I expected it to be for the size.

Burn: This is a great burning cigar. I’ve never had one that didn’t have a nice even burn. It produces a lot of smoke with an easy draw. The aroma is nice too. Lighter then I expected it to be with the amount of spice I get when first lighting.

Taste: I’m not sure I can pick out the little nuances that are sprinkled in most cigar reviews, but I can tell you that for me, this vitola starts out with a sucker punch! I’m always surprised when I start smoking one of these tasty little powerhouses. The first few draws hit me with a lot of spice. The first couple of retro-hales really wake you up. This calms down for me as the cigar develops past the first third. Then, it stays consistent to the nub.

Conclusion: I usually smoke these during my lunch breaks at work. They are cheap enough that if I have to put it down due to time constraints, it won’t hurt the wallet. BUT, I must admit that this little stick is one of my favorites. It’s got the strength to keep it interesting, tastes great, burns well. Sometimes when I’m smoking more “premium” cigars on the weekends, I compare most of them to this stick and sadly, they don’t match up. At $12.50 for a 5-pack, the cost per stick makes this one a great value for the experience. If you can find ‘em, buy ‘em! (and if you don’t like ‘em, send me the rest! :innocent:)

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Spot on review Hawg, thanks for sharing your experience! :thumbsup:

Been smoking them since they were released, excellant bang for the buck! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Larry.

I'm stuck at the office so the camera-phone pictures aren't that great. And, please no making fun of my make-shift office tupperware humidor, with the Altoids tin humidification unit. :smokingco

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Been hoping my B&M would get these for a long while now. I know a few online retailers have them, but I keep forgetting when I order stuff online, to throw some on an order. Thanks for sharing.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well that sucks...you beat me to that review Hawg, I do like them as well, but they take a few minutes to start into any decent flavors.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Good review!

I have a pack of these that Bob picked up for me. I have yet to try them, but have been really wanting to!

I still like the idea behind, them, as well. They aren't pretty, but that's because it is the same format as their "tester" cigars in the factory/blending room. Pretty cool to put some cigars out like that.

Again, great review!

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks for the review. I keep intending to look for some... Time to go see if I can find someone online. I'd like to pick up some for my trip this weekend.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
Good review!

I have a pack of these that Bob picked up for me. I have yet to try them, but have been really wanting to!

I still like the idea behind, them, as well. They aren't pretty, but that's because it is the same format as their "tester" cigars in the factory/blending room. Pretty cool to put some cigars out like that.

Again, great review!
i am now convinced. you don't smoke cigars. you only collect!:disappoin