What's new

Jibaro by Tatuaje

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Well most everyone knows I love Tatuaje cigars. Had one of these last night. Pre light had an odor of spice. Nice feel and good wrapper. Slight veins, good oils present. Shaggy end was actually a nice touch.

It lit very easily with a nice draw. It had a nice flavor and continued to have a good draw until the middle, where it had a change. Hints of rosemary, pepper came through. Ash burned a little off and uneven. Did not burn in a true cone at all. Final 1/3, the taste got chemical. Bad after taste, poor draw and had to keep relighting it. Hot to the touch. To note, this is the third one I have had and the same results.

Overall rating was average. hard for me to say, since this is a Tatuaje, but I have to be honest. Probably rate this a 4/5 out of 10. This one was 4 months old. I have a few more and will try them with more age and see if they get better.

Respectfully

Bill

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Bummer, Pete is known for some pretty good cigars, hopefully you just have a bad batch. Not that I want you to have a bad batch, but if other boxes are better, then we all win right!

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Well, the cigars I have came from 3 different boxes. So, hopefully its just me and not the cigars. On another note all the other Tatuajes are incredible.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
the Tatuaje Nuevitas Jibaro #1? shaggy foot? if it's the same, i have smoked several and have really enjoyed them, though i didn't have the burn problems. sounds almost as if they were wet :dunno: that's a bummer... and they don't make that cigar anymore. i have 3 more left!!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The Jibaro's are pretty tasty. I split a cab and found that some of the darker wrappers were far better and stronger than the lighter wrappers. It was a pretty odd mix of sticks.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Well Mr. Sheep, looks like I'm gonna hold off on that ISO for a bit, I think Old Saint Nick might have something up his sleever for me! Thanks Ty!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
No problem! Funny coincidence. These cigars have been out of production for some time now (I'm pretty sure about a year at least).

TYLER

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Rgw cigars came out of my good humidor, which is perfect humidity and temp wise. Me thinks I will move them to another one, just in case and hold off on the others. Looked, and I actually have 7 more.

Time will tell.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Well done Duane, and as the bad Tat's, I have had a few bad Tat's this year. But I will say I have had days were I have smoked a very strong cigar in the mid day and it seem mild. If i smoked that same type of cigar the next day or week during the same time it seem to strong or just not good over all. I say just not do one tasting do a few of the same cigar and then see waht you think of it. .02

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Im gunna keep trying. I talked to my friend who is Pete's best friend and he has some more for me from another box. If i have extra, might be doing an offer.

On a side note, smoked another one this morning while I was cleaing the garage. It smoked a lot better and was better tasting. Who knows, maybe my pallete is screwed up. I'll keep trying.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
OK. I went to my friends store and Eric provided me with a lot of these smokes from his personal stash, since I told him about the last 3 of 4 stogies. I smoked one in his presence and was very surprised by how good it tasted.

Smoking another one right now and same reaction. THe only thing that I can think of that may have screwed up my tasting was the food I ate prior to smoking it, Spicy Thai the last time.

Having said that, I rate these ciagrs at 6-7. Good Medium to full bodied, nice draw, a little skewed on the burn, but did stay lit. With age, these will get even better imho.

Might have a few for sale or trade from Eric's batch, not mine. Anyone interested? If so, I'll post it.