What's new

Jonathan Drew, The Classiest Gentleman in the entire Industry!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
[video=youtube_share;tJad_l-qWuA]http://youtu.be/tJad_l-qWuA[/video]
This year we were un-able to make the cigar safari to Esteli because me and my wife Letecia were due to have a son. To which I did not want to be selfish and go without her, so I did what every good husband and father to be would do, I decided to wait and go next year, in 2014. Some of the Brothers might remember her from 2012 botl safari tour, especially jdog, she was the only woman there, and had to pull a "Mom" on Jdog at 3 or 4 am (that's a totally different story all together). Anyways, we had a healthy baby boy, on Feb 10th of this year, "Maximus Alexander Calhoun". Everything was perfect until about two and a half weeks ago and my wife noticed she had a solid lump in her left breast. Needless to say she rushed to get it checked because she was breast feeding. Unfortunately for us the news we received was not good. The biopsy report showed that she has stage two breast cancer. You can only imagine how both of us were floored and felt like the whole world just punched us the our stomachs. After the initial shock of the news we let a few close friends know and word got out to a few other people and before we knew it a whole new support group was made available to her (us) that we did not even know existed. All of which I owe the total gratitude to Jonathan Drew. Just his mention of Letecia and his uplifting words of encouragement in his video that he posted today has done so much for her courage and motivation to kick cancer's ass. And to think, just yesterday the whole world seemed gloomy and dark filled with little hope. I am personally deeply grateful that we were able to visit Esteli, and to be cultured by the sub-culture of the tobacco industry as a whole. We owe a great deal of gratitude to Johnathan Drew for his hospitality while there, as well as to the botl brothers that experienced our stay with us last year. With that we have memories that will last forever. Thank You again BOTL Brothers and Thank You Mr. Jonathan Drew, you are in Fact The Classiest Gentleman in the Industry.

Sincerely,

Chef Scott Calhoun

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Scott,

Just wanted to say sorry to hear about Letecia. Send her our best from our crew on last years trip. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we all enjoyed getting to know the two of you. I hope Letecia whips the shit out of that cancer, it is a tough thing to deal with and she has a great partner in the fight.

Secondly, JD once again shows how true a gentleman he is in that video. Always a class act, JD is.

We all hope to see you two down there soon, and thoughts and prayers with Letecia as she battles through this tough time.

~Craig

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Scott,

Just wanted to say sorry to hear about Letecia. Send her our best from our crew on last years trip. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we all enjoyed getting to know the two of you. I hope Letecia whips the shit out of that cancer, it is a tough thing to deal with and she has a great partner in the fight.

Secondly, JD once again shows how true a gentleman he is in that video. Always a class act, JD is.

We all hope to see you two down there soon, and thoughts and prayers with Letecia as she battles through this tough time.

~Craig
In deed Craig, you are quite the class act yourself. Thank you and the other brothers that we went down with that opened up your hospitality with both me and Letecia. We are eternally grateful. She is going to kick cancer's ass, and I will do everything possible to help her. And yes, JD, wow just when you think "How can this guy get more classier?" He blows your mind away with something like this. One might think to him, it seems like a small gesture, but to us it means the world.

Thank You and my other Brothers that we have met so far.

Chef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm most certainly the new guy around here but I'd like to extend my thoughts and prayers to you and your wife during this difficult time. I wish you both the best during her fight and most certain recovery. Best regards.

~Kenny~

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm most certainly the new guy around here but I'd like to extend my thoughts and prayers to you and your wife during this difficult time. I wish you both the best during her fight and most certain recovery. Best regards.

~Kenny~
I was new once too Kenny, but the botl brothers opened their arms to both me and my wife over a year ago and we have made friends for life. Welcome to botl if I have not had the chance to say so Kenny, and thank you kindly for your thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Chef

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Scott may I start off with saying may god bless you both while you go through these times. I will actually be at the hospital with my cousin as she also was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and will actually be going in to have it entirely removed and hopefully the radiation treatment will kill the remaining cells for good.

I want to say I wil have you both in my thoughts are prayers in these dark times but know that there are brothers here for you through thick and thin and there are also brothers here going through the same thing.

I wish you and your wife nothing but the best and much love but most of all I want to say that in the darkest of times we are not alone.

Please give you wife my best wishes and love to make it through this. If at any point you just need someone to talk to please feel free to PM if you need.

With lots of love and prayers,
Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Scott may I start off with saying may god bless you both while you go through these times. I will actually be at the hospital with my cousin as she also was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and will actually be going in to have it entirely removed and hopefully the radiation treatment will kill the remaining cells for good.

I want to say I wil have you both in my thoughts are prayers in these dark times but know that there are brothers here for you through thick and thin and there are also brothers here going through the same thing.

I wish you and your wife nothing but the best and much love but most of all I want to say that in the darkest of times we are not alone.

Please give you wife my best wishes and love to make it through this. If at any point you just need someone to talk to please feel free to PM if you need.

With lots of love and prayers,
Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Thank You Jonathan, for both understanding our situation and for sending your thoughts and prayers. I I will say an extra prayer for your cousin through out my days and nights until she is fully healed. My wife starts 3 months of chemo tomorrow, then if the tumor shrinks small enough they will cut it out then 3 more months of chemo. It's going to be hard, we know this, especially with a new born baby. But my strength is weighed by the numbers of my brothers, and I with all of my brothers help will keep her lifted up, along with your cousin.

Sincerely,

Chef

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Scott,

I just said a prayer for you and your wife. Be encouraged my brotha!
I felt it brother, I feel it, and so does my wife. She is so grateful from the support that she is receiving from all of my brothers. We cant thank you all enough.

Sincerely,

Chef