What's new

Joplin MO Herf? *possible date set*

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was up in Joplin the other day, finally found that little cigar shop Feericks. There selection was not to bad, most the DE stuff was on the floor though. That made me kind of sad. Prices were pretty good though. I guess that is why they were on the floor!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little incentive for Springfield - Torcido releases this month! They aren't here yet - but we are less than two weeks out hopefully.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I was in Feericks the VSG prices were good as well, worth looking for the deals there!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Dont know that it means anything, seeing how this is my first post and all. But I would be willing to hit up Joplin sometime.

May not make it this go around as it is short notice for the wife and 17mo son, but I would certainly do something like this in the future. (Providing I can jump in as a NEWB?)

I live in Fort Smith, so its not too terribly long of a drive.

Regards,
-Chrisso

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get back over to Freericks will probably have to wait till next payday, since I am doing ok on smokes atm. The girlfriend hooked me up with a Chateau Real Sampler and another sampler, so that with the sticks on hand I am ok.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Just a little incentive for Springfield - Torcido releases this month! They aren't here yet - but we are less than two weeks out hopefully.
You're a temptress :grin:.

Last time I was in Feericks the VSG prices were good as well, worth looking for the deals there!
They're good for some stuff :grin:. Just gotta watch what you get, sometimes they have humidity issues. They have mostly regular stuff, but the Fuente selection isn't bad and a few others. Wish they had a little more in the way of Padron, Tat, Pepin, etc., but then I wouldn't have an excuse to come see you guys :grin:.

Dont know that it means anything, seeing how this is my first post and all. But I would be willing to hit up Joplin sometime....(Providing I can jump in as a NEWB?)
Would love to have you.

I need to get back over to Freericks will probably have to wait till next payday, since I am doing ok on smokes atm.
Next time you're in town let me know, if I'm free I wouldn't mind meeting up for a smoke.

Dan

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
So, Dan.....

Have you given any more thought to moving this Herf ever so slightly to the West.....Like, Los Angeles County-ish? :stretchgr

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Sounds like we need to get this herf worked out... got plenty of willing participants.
If you guys organize this on a Saturday, I may be able to participate. Due to a few things going on in the Missouri area, I have to travel down their for business frequently over the next few months... but do what works out best for the locals obviously.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
So, would this be more apt for a Joplin or Springfield herf? I would love to have it more locally. And I could even cook (maybe smoke ribs, or pork butt), but with the temperatures already going over 100 degrees, today, and it probably won't get better, there aren't a lot of great places for a group of BOTL's to get together INSIDE around here... that I know of. If we did the Springfield route, we could pay our great friends Christian & Jess a visit at Just for Him, and we could hit up the Mother's tasting room, as well, for some local beer.

Would some of you guys be able to make it the further hour to Springfield, without any problem?

Next question is when? Bugman has a wee one on the way, in what? a couple weeks? So... not sure how his schedule is going to be, in regards to that. The other thing is if Old Man Bob will be up for a drive again. Would love to have him down here, again.

Maybe mid July to early August?

September 22 is my Oktoberfest get together... so, anyone interested in that one, as well.

Let's hear your thoughts...

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
That would be fun. May have to check into the calendar and buy the wife a couple gifts ahead of time. Once a date is set let me know

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Springfield really is only an additional hour. My drive at that point would be 3 and a half hours. Ill have to look into it myself, once the date is set. But I would like to attend if something does go down.

Obviously the more time before hand the better. Can clear it through the wife. Make sure the funds are set aside for such a trip.

And of course build up my alcohol tolerance, just to be safe.

-Chrisso

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I was up in Joplin the other day, finally found that little cigar shop Feericks. There selection was not to bad, most the DE stuff was on the floor though. That made me kind of sad. Prices were pretty good though. I guess that is why they were on the floor!
How often you come to Joplin? Doesn't need to be a special occasion to grab a smoke together... you know... like a day that ends with "Y" or something... LOL