What's new

Jose blanco leaves La Aurora

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Didn't necessarily see it coming, but they recently changed ownership and there seems to be a mass exodus of the out in front faces of marketing and imaging folks lately.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Didn't necessarily see it coming, but they recently changed ownership and there seems to be a mass exodus of the out in front faces of marketing and imaging folks lately.
Other than Jose, who else has left?? I know Guillermo recently took over completely... but this is the first big departure I have noticed? Interesting.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Man, this guy poured his heart and soul into this company. I wish him and the company well.

Along those same lines, how's about a mash-up of all the recent industry movers into a conglomerate kinda like the Dream Team of cigars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Other than Jose, who else has left?? I know Guillermo recently took over completely... but this is the first big departure I have noticed? Interesting.
Sorry - didn't mean to imply all from La Aurora - I was thinking about about Sam Leccia, Jon Huber, Tim Ozgener, Joe and Mike Chiusano, etc.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
He was just on Dog watches podcast a week ago praising the buy out and moving forward. Got to scratch my head for a second......

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Man, this guy poured his heart and soul into this company. I wish him and the company well.

Along those same lines, how's about a mash-up of all the recent industry movers into a conglomerate kinda like the Dream Team of cigars?
A team of movers would be cool! It would be interesting what would come out of that conglomerate. You never know!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
He commented that age 61 was ideal for him to make a transition. He notes that he is a huge Yankees fan and 1961 is the year that Mantle broke Babe Ruths record with 61 home runs and he also began smoking cigars in 1961. I had just listened to the DogWatch interview and was also surprised when I read the news. However, he surely deserves the rest.

I got to meet him when I went to Santiago back in February; what a neat guy and about as genuine a guy could be. Proud to call him a BOTL and a friend.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jose Blanco is the salt of the earth...

I don't know anymore than the rest of you, but I do know that I regard Jose Blanco as gentleman and to seldom seen friend. The man is top shelf all the way.

BR,

Steve
Prez, Drew Estate

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Blanco is scheduled to lead a blending seminar at next month's International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers trade show in Las Vegas, and he said he would still do that event. He also said he would be at the Aurora and Miami Cigar booths during the trade show. He intends to take a long vacation beginning next week.

"After that, who knows?" said Blanco, "but tobacco and cigars are in my blood."

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I would suspect he left because of retirement benefits with Guillermo's recent acquisition of La Aurora. Based on that assumption I would also expect him to rejoin the company in fairly short order.