What's new

Just another Noob, from Hawaii

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been on the site for a few months, but have never posted. I've learned a lot about cigars in general and enjoy living vicariously through everyones smoking experiences. I'm pretty new at smoking cigars, only got into it around December of last year. Thanks to all who post reviews and information such as etiquette and recommendations.

I've ordered a few samplers online, but have yet to find one that I just really love or blows me away. Any recommendations for singles? Maybe I won't find what I'm looking for in a sampler. Samplers I've purchased so far were from cigarsinternational, there were a few sticks that I should have just passed on. Oh well, I'm willing to learn as I go.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Aloha!

:welcome: from Minnesota :waving:

My suggestion would be to check out CigarBid http://www.cigarbid.com/ You should be able to get some singles or 5 packs there at a reasonable price. I'm pretty new to this as well and have found out that it's a good way to try out some different stuff without breaking the bank. My favorites so far have been Tatuaje, PDR, and EP Carrillo. I also just tried a My Father Cedro last night for the first time which I really enjoyed. :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Rupe

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks all for the welcomes. I live on Oahu.

Off the top of my head I enjoyed diesel unholy cocktail (i had my first one when i first started smoking regularly and i def remember it knocking me on my ass), i liked the torano silver and gold but prefer the silver, cao brazilia. i was underwhelmed by padilla obisidian (burn issues from the start so not enjoyable), i had some 5 vegas sticks. writing this reply im realizing that i should start taking some notes while i smoke.

On a diff note, I have a friend going to Europe in a few months so I thought it would be a possibility to bring some CCs back. Anyone have info on how to make this happen, can you pm me? I figure, buy a box now and let it sit till Im more aged myself. I am a noob right now but Im hoping that in a few years Ill develop a palate and I'll be able to appreciate all sticks.

Thanks again for all the help from everyone.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
welcome from the bluegrass state! this is a GREAT place to learn the ropes of the cigar world, and i hope you find it helpful.

if you are REALLY just starting out, i highly recommend the newbie sampler trade: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?4757-Newbie-Sampler-thread. great way to establish yourself if you plan on trading or buying/selling here, and great way to reach out. you get paired with a sponsor, send either money or smokes (your choice), then they pull together a selection and take care of you. o)

have fun!

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Aloha, from Chicago!

Glad you joined; immerse yourself in reading the Cigar Posts. You will find some very helpful information. IMHO, samplers are the way to start to understand your palate, your preferences in size and strength. As you mentioned, take notes.

I work for a company based in Aiea. I love O'ahu!

Mahalo!

Mike

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome sleepyguy. Lots of great information in these forums for you to look through. I actually have the Reinado brand at Mother's in Hawaii. Is that anywhere near you? Thanks.