What's new

Just Gotta Vent

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Just need to vent here...

I decided around Christmas time I needed to update the radio in my car as it had not worked In months. I am a pretty cheap guy so I always do an abundance of research to get good value with good quality. So after weeks of research I went with a radio that had all the features I wanted and was only $130. Of course I had to buy the kit to wire the amp and the piece that allowed me to use the steering wheel controls, bringing the total to right around $200.

I spent an entire day installing it, soldiering connections and running all the wires clean and tight. Felt a great sense of accomplishment that I did the install and everything was working right.

Fast forward 3-4 weeks and apparently after carrying a few loads of groceries in the house last night I forgot to hit the button to lock the doors and arm the alarm, which I do 99% of the time. Well it was a sorry ass mother fuckers lucky night when he went to pull on my door handle and low and behold he had a winner. Went out to leave for work and noticed the glove box was open then saw this...

I am so pissed off right now that some sorry mother fucker felt the need to steal a radio barely worth over a hundred bucks. I am at the point I don't even want to bother replacing it. You ever get the feeling that you just can't have nice shit?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Craig I feel your pain brother trust me. I had my car broken into keyed everything you can imagine. And you want the reason for it after I caught one of the little fucks he told the cops he was bored.

I have become so anal about locking my car doors that it is insane. The worst part is as it was just the radio it isn't even worth going through the insurance.

A little food for thought. Go on Craigslist for your area and see if you find the radio there is nothing better then catching someone red handed.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Sorry to hear that Craig. Don't buy a new one though. Pretty sure I have one lying around. Had one in my old car for only a couple of months before the car died and I bought a new car. Pulled it out and its just collecting dust at my brother's house. Once the snow storm blows over I'll go check it out. Based on the picture it looks like a regular sized slot. You just need to buy the wire harness.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I am installing a night vision security system outside my house. All you need is a plate, make or model and a face. Justice will be served either by legal justice or Brooklyn justice.

Note: Install a camera (inexpensive) A cheap radiio that looks expensive and leave the door unlocked again.
Thieves that break into cars to steal radios usually aren't the brightest light bulb.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
that sucks dude....

we got a "welcome to the neighborhood" theft when we moved into our last house.. all they stole was an iphone charger.. but I was soooooooooo pissed! I cant imagine how you feel right now..

we moved in.. and literally the very first night in the neighborhood some kid ripped off the charger from our car...

the next morning our new neighbor tells us to make sure car doors are locked, etc.. because a group of teens in the neighborhood had been taking stuff out of cars...

thieves suck donkey balls...

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Appreciate it Eddie, but no need. If I do decide to replace it I will just order the same one as I have already run the mic for hands free and the steering wheel controls are already wired up.

Right now I don't even want to fuck with replacing it. Last thing I want is some sorry POS breaking in my car again and forcing me to sleep on the porch with a shotgun.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Wow, Craig...So sorry to hear. I sympathize with your frustration, especiallay when you went to the time and energy to research and install it yourself.

I know it sounds so cliche, nut try to look on the bright side...You could have caught this guy in the act, and he could have had a gun...Just saying that it could have been a lot worse. Glad it was only the car radio that was lost, ya know?

Again, sorry man.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Damn I know the pain. It sucks ass to have your personal space violated. I hope you find the lil bastig!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Dude. That sucks man. But at least no other damage. The couples times my pickup got broken in to, they broke stuff, damaged the steering column, and took stuff like the ashtray.

Ashtrays are surprisingly expensive to replace...

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Damn man I feel your pain. I once had a $40 dollar kragen special stolen. I was more upset about the Johnny cash cd that was in it!
Last week I had two packages stolen off my porch. I'm sorry this happened.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That blows. Especially if it happened to me cause I need my music while driving. Are car thefts common in your neighborhood? If so maybe it's the same folks doing it and you can catch em.

On a side note, my littlest brothers friend brought me his friends iphone 4 he locked himself out of and wanted me to unlock. So I agreed and when I got home from work the following day it was gone and I'm almost certain it was my other brothers friends that he brings over. Pissed me off cause I had to waste the little extra money I have for cigars and stuff paying the kid for a new phone.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
That Blows Man -
You file a police report ? hope is that those brazen little punk car theives get busted and cops recover your gear ...

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
That blows. Especially if it happened to me cause I need my music while driving. Are car thefts common in your neighborhood? If so maybe it's the same folks doing it and you can catch em.
One of the regulars at the lounge patrols my area and I sent him a text asking if it was a common occurrence. I plan on filing a police report and printing some flyers for all of the neighbors to be on the lookout and to lock their vehicles. If anything it may make people in the neighborhood more aware and keep an eye open.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yeah, that is a bunch of crap. The sad thing is it sounded like you really took the time for a solid install. I could see how you're bummed about it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm really sorry about that man. It felt terrible to come home once and find my apartment door open and everything a mess from the thieves.