What's new

Just saw the Misfits! Great show!

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I got to see the Misfits Tuesday night which was great! It was like a time warp back to my younger days. I even got in the pit with my 40 year old brother in law (it was a riot, much beer involved). My ears were ringing all day yesterday and my muscles ached. For those of you that haven't heard of the Misfits you have probably heard of Metallica (unless you live under a rock)....The Misfits were the original band to sing "Die Die Die My Darling" and "Green Hell" that later became radio hits when Metallica covered them. He is a photo of the show (albeit from a poor camera phone). Cool to see them just before Halloween! :pitchfork

Attachments

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Wow the Msfits. I sat here for like ten minutes strolling down memory lane after seeing that pic. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out if they head up my way.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Hasn't this become the equivelant of the creepy old dude in the corner decked in leather & dancing by himself to old Judas Priest...

More & more old dudes are jumping in pits across the nation - it's really becoming an epidemic. Me? I've found better ways to vent my frustrations (avha ceegah!), either that or I'm just not that angry anymore.

I'm kidding though - I still love the Misfits! Maybe I'm just jealous that a bunch of my friends are going to see them tonight & I can't go... !!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
OK, while I must admit that is awesome... I just think something is missing from The Misfits without Danzig. I guess I'm just old-fashioned that way. LOL I lived in NY in the mid-80's and was neck deep in the 80's punk scene there. Mohawk, skateboard and all. The Misfits are one of my all-time favorite bands.

Did Metallica cover Die Die My Darling? I thought it was Green Hell and Last Caress that they covered? All excellent songs by the way.
EDIT: Google answered this one for me. ;)

How's that body feel after that mosh pit???

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hasn't this become the equivelant of the creepy old dude in the corner decked in leather & dancing by himself to old Judas Priest...

More & more old dudes are jumping in pits across the nation - it's really becoming an epidemic. Me? I've found better ways to vent my frustrations (avha ceegah!), either that or I'm just not that angry anymore.

I'm kidding though - I still love the Misfits! Maybe I'm just jealous that a bunch of my friends are going to see them tonight & I can't go... !!
Man...you should find a way to go! It was fantastic!

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
OK, while I must admit that is awesome... I just think something is missing from The Misfits without Danzig. I guess I'm just old-fashioned that way. LOL I lived in NY in the mid-80's and was neck deep in the 80's punk scene there. Mohawk, skateboard and all. The Misfits are one of my all-time favorite bands.

Did Metallica cover Die Die My Darling? I thought it was Green Hell and Last Caress that they covered? All escellent songs by the way.

How's that body feel after that mosh pit???
Jerry Only was the original founding member of the Misfits so it felt right...plus he does rock for an old balding dude! I saw Danzig during the Lucifuig tour at a small venue. Yes Metallica did cover Die Die Die my Darling and it on one of their albums. Oh, BTW my body is sore!

Found this out about Danzig:

James Hetfield, singer and guitarist of Metallica, sang the background vocalson "Twist of Cain" and "Possession", although was uncredited for contractual reasons. :king:

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Jerry Only was the original founding member of the Misfits so it felt right...plus he does rock for an old balding dude! I saw Danzig during the Lucifuig tour at a small venue. Yes Metallica did cover Die Die Die my Darling and it on one of their albums. Oh, BTW my body is sore!

Found this out about Danzig:

James Hetfield, singer and guitarist of Metallica, sang the background vocalson "Twist of Cain" and "Possession", although was uncredited for contractual reasons. :king:
Very cool! I didn't remember the Metallica cover of Die Die but a little Googling turned up the video. Misfits rocked that one much better. ;)

Hmmm, I need to see if they are coming to Atlanta.....

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Very cool! I didn't remember the Metallica cover of Die Die but a little Googling turned up the video. Misfits rocked that one much better. ;)

Hmmm, I need to see if they are coming to Atlanta.....
One band that opened for them was called The Banderas...they have a great stage presence....great band as well!

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Misfits man i used to listen to them all the time. think i'm gonna dig through all my old cassettes and see if i can find it. Must of been a great show, hopefully they come by my area

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Saw them with Gwar on Halloween many years back. It was in small club called Dv8 in Seattle. One of favorite show I have ever seen. I had to ride the bus home covered in pig blood from the gwar show. I'm still glad it was Halloween :)

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Wow, what a blast from the past. Awesome, haven't been in a pit in years. Although I was always more partial to the Dead Kennedy's, The Exploited and COC I always enjoyed the Misfits.

The all timer though was Fugazi.

Jamie

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Wow, what a blast from the past. Awesome, haven't been in a pit in years. Although I was always more partial to the Dead Kennedy's, The Exploited and COC I always enjoyed the Misfits.

Jamie
I saw GBH which was cool and I saw Fugazi in a school gym for free! Great show! No security!

Rating - 100%
43   0   0

Jamie
I was obsessed with DK as a teenager. Don't listen to them much anymore, but I still enjoy Fugazi. I've been meaning to check out the (relatively) new COC album with Stanton Moore. I love Moore's jazz/funk/New Orleans drumming, and I'm curious to hear what he does in a hardcore/metal setting.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Honestly, the Misfits as they exist today are a joke, in my opinion. It's sort of sad. I have seen them in the last few years. Depressing.

Glenn was the Misfits. Without him, it's just a cover band.