What's new

Keurig Coffee Maker-What's your take?

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
quick, easy and convenient if you just want a cup of average coffee. if you really like the taste of certain fresh brewed coffees, this won't do it. i've used the device to use your own coffee and it tastes nothing like it does when brewed in a pot. i keep the keurig at work for an afternoon pick me up when i don't really care how good it tastes.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Got a Tassimo about 3 weeks ago. $50 mail in rebate and 20% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond = $110 for the $200 unit. Heavily researched Keurig and Tassimo. Went with the Tassimo because I wanted to make machiatos, cappuchino, and lattes. I'm loving it so far. Makes a decent cup of espresso for cheap and it does it quickly.

If you want to make espresso, latte, cappuchino, machiatos, hot chocolate, tea... GET THE TASSIMO!

If all you care about is just coffee (not latte, cappuchino, etc.), get the Keurig. Much larger coffee selection.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I bought my wife one last Christmas and she LOVES it. It is great for quick and easy coffee with no waste and no real cleanup. I will say she tends to find the best deals through the actual Keurig catalog it seems, especially if you buy in bulk. A lot of times you can get deals like buy 2 cases get one free type stuff.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have been using mine for 4 years. BB&B boxes contain 18 cups for $9.99. Add your BB&B coupons, and you are less than $.50 per cup. Wal-Mart now carries a limited selection of K-Cups, 18 cups for $9.95.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
It is a nice convenience, some of the coffee is good but I've seen a number of them malfunction regarding water volume and they have issues with fresh roasted beans and their "personal" K-cup option. It cannot handle the oils of a properly roasted, fresh bean IME. I've worked with Brian from Blackdog to solve the problem and had no luck. I've worked with 3 machines (all different models) and all failed. I now primarily use it to put proper temperature water into my french & aero presses. In a pinch, the Timothy's brand Italian Blend is the best K-cup I've found to date. Rich & smooth with little complexity but pretty enjoyable dark roast flavors.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My mother has had one for a few years now and she loves it. As a real coffee snob I have to admit that at first I was like what is this crap?? However, I've learned to like the simplicity of it and the brew isn't terrible. I've used it a few times at events at their home and it's great if you want a cup of coffee after dinner or something.

Also, I did pick her up the basket that allows you to use regular ground coffee.

I say go for it.

waffle

who doesn't love waffles!
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Just got the Mrs. one for Christmas and rather than wrapping it up, we've been using for the past two weeks. Bought it at BB&B with the 20% coupon. BB%B also sells the cups as well as Greenmountaincoffee... also I find that this may be easier/cleaner to use if you want to make your own coffee in the k-cup.... all in all I think its one of the best purchases we've ever made!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Thanks to this thread I picked one up for the family for xmas. Anyone have specific cups they would recommend trying? Also...does this mean the start of k-cups being included in cigar bombs??! lol

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
does this mean the start of k-cups being included in cigar bombs??! lol
I can see that happening. Think you'd have to run a thread to see who does and doesn't have one. I know I do. And I now know you do.

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I would not call it peer pressure, however this dang thread got me thinking upon the original post. I keep a jar of instant coffee, lesson learned last year when we lost power during our big snow storm. Even with power from time to time I break down to a cup of instant when I know I will be in a hurry and do not have time to brew a proper cup.

I am not much of a shopper, however tomorrow night is an annual event with some old school friends, our Christmas shopping trip we do every year, and if I see one of these things I am going to break down and pick one up, researched some of the cups and looks pretty interesting.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
My in-laws have one of these, and it makes really great coffee. I did the math though, and since I empty the pot every day it wouldn't make sense for me.

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got a Tassimo about 3 weeks ago. $50 mail in rebate and 20% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond = $110 for the $200 unit. Heavily researched Keurig and Tassimo. Went with the Tassimo because I wanted to make machiatos, cappuchino, and lattes. I'm loving it so far. Makes a decent cup of espresso for cheap and it does it quickly.

If you want to make espresso, latte, cappuchino, machiatos, hot chocolate, tea... GET THE TASSIMO!

If all you care about is just coffee (not latte, cappuchino, etc.), get the Keurig. Much larger coffee selection.
Just got our for Christmas. Decided to go with the Tassimo because of the flexibility of making different types as stated by Farani; also based on the research we did prior, the Tassimo heats the water much quicker than other brands.

Love it so far.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had this system for coffee and it's quite good. As long as you can get the packets for cheap then I can see where it might be a decent investment but it still pales in comparison to French Press...I get so much more from FP than anything else and get to pick my own brand.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Keuring :love: :thumbsup: Im not sure if it was mentioned but you can also purchase a K-cap which allows you to use the spent coffee containers over with any of your favorite blends. Or the reusable filter which also works pretty good. I enjoy One cup at a time..........:dunno:......how many cups do you drink at one time any way?

blind2reason

My Mom Thinks I'm Cool
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a love/hate relationship with Keurig. Love the convenience and the ability to just make a single cup. I don't love the fact that the K-Cups contain pre-ground coffee with no guarantee of freshness. I'm guessing that as time progresses and the K-Cups start getting older, people are going to experience a lot of quality issues. The fact that the K-Cups are not recyclable is also a turn off. The use your own Coffee K-Cup deal is pretty neat though. So bottom line for convenience, I love it. I guess I just hate the K-Cups.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Some good news, Starbucks is canceling their contract with Tasimo and going with Keurig, Dunkin Doughnuts as well!

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I've started using my Kuerig to wake up while I brew in my French Press. I think I may have a caffeine addiction. :bigeyes:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My wife drains the pot faster than I can get a single cup finished. We used my in-laws for a few weeks while there and spent way to much on those k-cups. It is more cost effective for us to make a pot. Besides, we have a nice Cuisanart that we just bought.