What's new

Keurig Coffee Maker-What's your take?

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Why not just get an espresso machine if you're drinking single servings? maybe I just love espresso too much :dunno:

I have enjoyed the Keurig's, even though I've only used them a few times. I like the whole single serving idea, contemplated getting one but figured I wouldn't use it often, due to the espresso machine!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I grind my own beans and use the filter cup but I have to make sure I grind them really fine or the coffee isn't strong enough for my liking.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I grind my own beans and use the filter cup but I have to make sure I grind them really fine or the coffee isn't strong enough for my liking.
Hey brutha! Check these K cups out. I order them 50 at a time from Amazon. It's an excellent, strong cup of coffee.

"Jet Fuel"

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-People-K-Cups-Keurig-Brewers/dp/B0029XLH4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301153160&sr=8-1"]Coffee People Jet Fuel K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Y17gqcg2L.@@AMEPARAM@@41Y17gqcg2L[/ame]

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The wife and I just bought one of the B60 Special Edition ones at Bed, Bath and Beyond. (And then, of course, found it cheaper at WalMart...) Love it so far, though.

I'll have to try some of that Jet Fuel - looks like my kinda stuff...

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
My wife got one of those and loves it. I love my Killer Beans and Blackdog coffee but for a quick single cup the Jet Fuel and Black Tiger will wake you up.

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Donut Shop from Coffee People, this is my newest favorite. My grinder and traditional coffee maker are stored away, just love my Keurig. The convenience factor alone makes it one of the best kitchen items I have ever purchased. Productivity has increased too, when I want another cup I slide my mug in, throw in a cart, and find something else to do for the few minutes it brews. Traditionally I just poured another cup from the pot and put off what needed to be done, the dang thing has been great.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I had one and prefer the AeroPress. I've used it daily and have pressed 1400+ cups of coffee, prefect everytime. The x took it had she tried to take the AeroPress the fight woulda been on :)

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Does anyone use the Mr. Coffee version? It says designed by Keurig, and it uses the k-cups, but it's a lot cheaper. Thinking about buying that to save a few $$.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey brutha! Check these K cups out. I order them 50 at a time from Amazon.
+1 to ordering via Amazone. I think my coffee comes out to roughly $.50 a cup by purchasing k-cups online

As for my Keurig, I love it for its superior convenience, ease of use, and moderate quality in coffee. I have the "Elite" model and I scored it for free. The office had one and it finally broke so I took it home to tinker with it. After calling customer service to try ording a new pump, they guy said he could send me a brand new one free of charge. I got it literally the next day and I've adored it ever since (over a year ago)

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Your absolutely right, the grind must be precise or you'll end up with coffee flavored water.:bouncetau

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just get the re-usable K-Cup and buy your favorite fresh roasted coffee and grind fresh and fill your single cup. Takes a few more seconds, but it is totally personalizable.

http://www.coffeeam.com/k-cup-replacement.html

I go through about 10 lbs of coffee from these guys a month, and that's just me and my bride drinking it. The coffee is roasted fresh to order and shipped that same day. I've been using them for about 7 years and haven't had any trouble.