What's new

Kurt Cobain - Tom Moore cigars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They just released a few more pics from the scene of Cobain's death, although none of his body, it's pics of the things in the room.

One of them being his stash box for his dope, cigars I've never heard of, Tom Moore.

Not really big news, I guess the anniversary of his death is approaching and there were rumors police were re-opening the investigation, which seem to be false.

Story:

http://myfox8.com/2014/03/21/kurt-cobains-suicide-scene-photos-released-investigators-say-case-will-remain-closed/

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I seen a empty box of those for sell om craiglist recently.

Also nirvana>
LOL

Not sure how many people on the board in my age group, I saw them on their last tour, 4 months before he died.

The concert was pretty bad ass.

I just realized via this article that the 20 year anniversary of his suicide is in 2 weeks. MAN that makes me feel like a geezer.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Yeah, I was in 9th grade when it happened. Missed that tour, but intending on going to the next one...

Have you seen pictures of the dude who was the baby on the cover of Nevermind? That'll mess with you, too.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, I was in 9th grade when it happened. Missed that tour, but intending on going to the next one...

Have you seen pictures of the dude who was the baby on the cover of Nevermind? That'll mess with you, too.
Yes I have, that guy and also Frances Bean, she is like 24ish now and looks just like her dad.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man 20 years...just wow. How time flies. I was a huge fan back in the day. Still am.

But yeah, wow.
Does it ever fly...

It's like when we started listening to Nirvana in 1990 and we heard stories of when Jimi Hendrix died in 1970, that was 20 years old at that time and to us, was some other lifetime ago.

Now we are the old people who were there when 1994/Cobain happened.

(anyone seen my walker?)

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0

Hmm, I thought you were older than me for some reason.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was 19 when he killed himself, which makes me 175 now.

EDIT: Correction, it happened in April so I was still 18. Hey I am only 174 years old, wsheew

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Was listening about this on the local Seattle news last night and the detective that was looking through the newly found pictures and details said that Cobain injected 10 times the amount of Heroin that someone would normally take. He said the heroin was meant to be suicide in itself but then probably decided to shoot himself just to make sure. He said he also weighed 138 pounds at death which was scary thin for him.

There is a city park right next to his house... I've been there and you can see the house from a bench just like all the pictures you see. It's kinda creepy and sad knowing what happened within eyesight.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was listening about this on the local Seattle news last night and the detective that was looking through the newly found pictures and details said that Cobain injected 10 times the amount of Heroin that someone would normally take. He said the heroin was meant to be suicide in itself but then probably decided to shoot himself just to make sure. He said he also weighed 138 pounds at death which was scary thin for him.

There is a city park right next to his house... I've been there and you can see the house from a bench just like all the pictures you see. It's kinda creepy and sad knowing what happened within eyesight.
I can't remember the name of the town he died in, was it Seattle proper or like Burien or something like that?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0

I can't remember the name of the town he died in, was it Seattle proper or like Burien or something like that?

Yes, it's in Seattle. Do a google or bing maps search of Viretta Park Seattle, you will see the park and his house.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, it's in Seattle. Do a google or bing maps search of Viretta Park Seattle, you will see the park and his house.
Cool thanks, I just did Google street view.

Pretty sweet house, for some reason I've always thought he was renting or temporarily staying there.

I wonder if the house ever sold to residents. I would not want to live in that house that is weird and creepy.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I remember hearing Nevermind when I was stationed in Korea, and all I thought was "This is what I have been waiting for. Can we get rid of the hair bands now?" I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, near Seattle, after leaving Korea. Am it was like living in Rock and Roll heaven. Awesome shows every weekend. So many good bands up there at that time. It was weird being up there she he killed himself. About a year after it happened my buddy and I were at a local show and Krist Novaselic came up and stood next to us, there to see the same show. He hung out with us for the whole thing and got to talk with him quite a bit. We was, still is, a really cool guy. When Dave came out with the first Foo Fighters album we were all like , "Wow, who knew? Dave was the one gonna break it big after it all fell apart."