What's new

Kurt Cobain - Tom Moore cigars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was 2 when he died. Made good music but....

AIC>Nirvana all day 'er for me

I must be too old because I have no idea what AIC is.

Education is in order sir!
Oh okay, definitely know who that is....talk about someone who was more effed up than Kurt.

I was watching them play on Palladium and the singer they have now, it was weird how much he sounded like Lane Staley, or at least how well he could pull off singing his old songs.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember hearing Nevermind when I was stationed in Korea, and all I thought was "This is what I have been waiting for. Can we get rid of the hair bands now?" I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, near Seattle, after leaving Korea. Am it was like living in Rock and Roll heaven. Awesome shows every weekend. So many good bands up there at that time. It was weird being up there she he killed himself. About a year after it happened my buddy and I were at a local show and Krist Novaselic came up and stood next to us, there to see the same show. He hung out with us for the whole thing and got to talk with him quite a bit. We was, still is, a really cool guy. When Dave came out with the first Foo Fighters album we were all like , "Wow, who knew? Dave was the one gonna break it big after it all fell apart."
Dave Grohl made a really awesome documentary called Sound City that I highly, highly recommend. It's about a studio in LA. They recorded Nevermind there but it's not a film about Nirvana at all, he barely talks about his band.

http://buy.soundcitymovie.com/

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I remember hearing Nevermind when I was stationed in Korea, and all I thought was "This is what I have been waiting for. Can we get rid of the hair bands now?" I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, near Seattle, after leaving Korea. Am it was like living in Rock and Roll heaven. Awesome shows every weekend. So many good bands up there at that time. It was weird being up there she he killed himself. About a year after it happened my buddy and I were at a local show and Krist Novaselic came up and stood next to us, there to see the same show. He hung out with us for the whole thing and got to talk with him quite a bit. We was, still is, a really cool guy. When Dave came out with the first Foo Fighters album we were all like , "Wow, who knew? Dave was the one gonna break it big after it all fell apart."
Dave Grohl made a really awesome documentary called Sound City that I highly, highly recommend. It's about a studio in LA. They recorded Nevermind there but it's not a film about Nirvana at all, he barely talks about his band.

http://buy.soundcitymovie.com/
Yeah, I have seen it. Great film. A lot of the albums that were recorded there were some of my favorites when I was growing up.