What's new

LA and SD Socal-i September 28 and 29

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Well, im coming from Costa Mesa where im staying at one of the Marriott's. Will be landing in afternoon, having lunch with and visiting supplier, then free for evening prob around 5 or so. Looking like the valley would be an extreme ride given you guys have semi-real traffic in LA. Pasadena appears to almost be "on the way" to the valley for me.

Is pasadena @erjaq pad the official location since it works best for most(i think)?

Also, what freeways shoudl i absolutely avoid? the 405? the 5? It looks like i could go all the way around downtown if i take the 90 to the 210 to Pasadena. Ill let the GPS do its job, but any insight is appreciated.
Leaving around 5 will put you in the thick of traffic no matter where you go, the valley would take you about 2 1/2 hours and Pasadena should be about 1 1/2. The 57 north to the 210 west would probably be your best bet for either location. If you have the Waze app on your phone that will help as well, I use it every day and I only drive 17 miles to work. Traffic can build out of nowhere very quickly. The 57 gets pretty heavy till the 60 freeway, once you pass that it should be smooth sailing from there.

The 5 has a lot of construction going on and the 405, well let's just say I try to stay away from the 405 any time of the day. That freeway is huge and is always packed, hope that helps some or if anything I just confused the hell out of you. :)