What's new

La Flor Dominicana Air Bender! Woot!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
aye got a question about these. As a newbie I have been hearing differing stories. I was planning a trip to N.H. this weekend and wanted to grab some because I hear they are great, my only question is do I need to let them sit in the humi for a bit?
some say yes some say no, might be a dumb question but as a newbie I'd rather get shit on then smoke a stick that isn't ripe.
It really depends on what you prefer. I'd say grab 3, smoke one soon and let the other 2 sit a bit. Then smoke another after maybe 2 months (if you can wait that long) and see what you think.

I thought it was really great, but could see why the first third might be too strong for some people (extra-full-bodied). After that the one I had mellowed out.

I'll bet that in 6 months these will be less "in your face," and in a year or so pretty darn awesome--but you never know, some sticks keep their power. But again, some people like that "in your face" aspect and might enjoy them more fresh.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
smoke one now and see how you like it. i don't see these as "aging" cigars, other than a couple of weeks or so if they need to settle. i buy em off the shelf and smoke em. mm mm mm.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
It really depends on what you prefer. I'd say grab 3, smoke one soon and let the other 2 sit a bit. Then smoke another after maybe 2 months (if you can wait that long) and see what you think.

I thought it was really great, but could see why the first third might be too strong for some people (extra-full-bodied). After that the one I had mellowed out.

I'll bet that in 6 months these will be less "in your face," and in a year or so pretty darn awesome--but you never know, some sticks keep their power. But again, some people like that "in your face" aspect and might enjoy them more fresh.
This is good advice. I like trying one now, then later cause you never know it might be twice as good if it sits for a while, but some cigars are just fine right away. Part of the fun of the hobby.

I have a box of Fuente PCs I got as a gift 3 or 4 years ago now I think. I know they are good, but want to sit on them totally sealed just for fun.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've smoked 2 now and both are AWESOME!

Both in the Robusto and Toro, it starts off with in your face pepper/spice and then mellows out into just a GREAT flavor. Then, at the end, it strengthens up and kicks your ass again.

I haven't smoked many LFD's but I am going to have to try the rest of the line. I REALLY like these.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was good advice and because it was such good advice when I go the shop next weekend I'm going to buy a few. That was a great article too very enlightening.

shottabacardi

Padronhead
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see so many guys lovin these, lfd has become a great line of cigars. Honestly I thought it was way too strong to start off tho. The strength and extreme spice seem to overpower whatever other flavors are in there, and I really do think they are gonna need some time to settle down before they can truly be called a great smoke.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Great to see so many guys lovin these, lfd has become a great line of cigars. Honestly I thought it was way too strong to start off tho. The strength and extreme spice seem to overpower whatever other flavors are in there, and I really do think they are gonna need some time to settle down before they can truly be called a great smoke.
I actually found it to be rather medium-bodied than anything. I was hoping for a powerful "airbended-ass-kicking" and didn't receive it. However, I found the flavors to be wonderful and I thought this particular stick was yet another example of LFD's greatness.

I have another Airbender resting right now. Hopefully that one will have the power I've been looking for.

Also, if others are looking for a powerful and spicy LFD, may I recommend the LFD Double Ligero Maduro. Same great flavors as the regular Double Ligero, but the Maduro gives it a little more oomph and a touch of sweetness. Quality smoke.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Air Bender is a excellent cigar. I am enjoying Maestro and Matatan. I am sure they are all good, but I'm not much into larger 60rg cigars.

shottabacardi

Padronhead
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually found it to be rather medium-bodied than anything. I was hoping for a powerful "airbended-ass-kicking" and didn't receive it. However, I found the flavors to be wonderful and I thought this particular stick was yet another example of LFD's greatness.
wow, im jealous of that one. none of the ones i tried were medium bodied, and that is exactly what i am looking for in a cigar. maybe the ones out there were aged longer? theres gotta be some reason the ones i had were overpoweringly strong, i mean, i smoke strong cigars, his natural oscuro is one of my favorites, but that airbender was too strong to me. maybe we should exchange sticks, i'll send ya some of these which imo are too strong, and you send me some of yours which you call medium body. you can get your strength, and i can get my medium with flavor.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I passed these things in the walk-in like 6 times since my shop got them. This thread psyches me up & what happens... No mo!:tongueout
Guess I'll have to execute patience.:shame:

I gotta text from my buddy the other day while he was at our shop... "Air Bender is woopin my arse." :smile:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I'd be curious to hear some thoughts from people as to the preferred Vitola in this line??

Considering picking up a few of the Maestro, but thought why not ask first. If anything it'll give me a reason to hold off on buying something else for another day or two....LOL!