What's new

Laid Off

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Todd and Rachel, I know what you are going thru and I hope the best for you. I am a clinical support person for a medical device company and at the end of there year they did a 10% cut back and I was one of them. That was back at the fist of October and I am just about to sign on with a new company this month. So it will get but it might suck a little before it does.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Sorry to hear it, but a change of course can be more exciting and fufilling than your original plan. Best wishes and don't worry. I would be totally screwed if success required job security.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Todd, I'm terribly sorry to hear of the terrible news. I'm sure that if you two keep your heads up and your resumes out there that good things will come your way in no time. I know the job market can be no worse than it is here in Michigan. I wish you two the best and us brothers are always here to help. My thoughts and prayers are with your whole family.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yall should move south... at least you wont have that damned white shit all over the ground..

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oh man, that totally sucks! Sorry to hear about it, it is such a royal pain when you have the financial rug pulled out from under you. Even though you have defense background, don't rule out a job in the private, or public sector. Best of luck to you and Rachel, we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
~John and family

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Sorry to hear that Waschers'..... or should i say Mr. & Mrs. JONES!!!

Double agents working for the gov on a secret contract?!?!?! Except Todd is no Brad Pitt.

Honestly I hope everything works out for you guys. I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. Something will come along.

Racheal should come out to the herf also, come see the city.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Guys, that just sucks, but it sounds as though you both have maintained positive attitudes about the situation.

I'll be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. Stay upbeat and you'll see what new avenues this opens.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I know you said your not moving Todd........BUT......Colorado Springs is huge in the defense industry?????????:rofl:
Right on! We've got Norad and Schriever and some other stuff too I think...

Sorry to hear about the layoffs, Todd... Especially since it was both of you. I can't really give you any advice, seeing as how I've never even had a permanent job and am like half your age :tongueout, but I'm sure everything will work out for you guys.

TYLER

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Sorry to here, hope all works out!!

(Does that mean your post count will go up? :)