What's new

Lakers vs. Celtics

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I hope the Celtics win. Ray, Paul, & Kevin have done their time in the NBA and are due for a ring.

koolbooy

Hail To The Redskins!!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
not a Lakers fan, but born and raised in Hollywood, so Lakers in 5. unlike Boston, we know for sure the Lakers can win on the road!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
No interest in B-ball, but the Celtics seem more rounded of a team and have better big men. Should be a good series and I might even watch a few games. Celtics in 7.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
not a Lakers fan, but born and raised in Hollywood, so Lakers in 5. unlike Boston, we know for sure the Lakers can win on the road!
The Celtics can win on the road, they took two in Detroit in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Not to mention they have the best road record in the NBA during the regular season and have defeated almost every Western Conference power house (they lost to the Suns) on their own floor. They took both games against the Lakers this year at home and on the road. Sure the Lakers hadn't conned the Grizzlies to get Gasol yet when they played earlier this season, but even then, the Lakers could do nothing to contain Allen, Garnett, or Pierce. All three had very good games. Gasol will do nothing more than help contain Garnett a little which isn't a big deal, Allen or Pierce will step it up. Both teams have a lot of talent, but Boston has the edge.

The only thing the Lakers have going for them that the Celtics lack is experience in the Finals. I don't think that will be enough for the Lakers though, I think it will be the Celtics in 6.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
kobe is an A$$! i loved the old rivalry: johnson v. bird (total LA fan at that time). so, guess i'll go BOSTON!!

Last edited:

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I think this is going to be a very, very close series. I really can see it going either way. The Celtics have more talent, but have been very inconsistent in the playoffs, most of that being Ray Allen. If Ray Allen does his thing then the Celtics will win. Rondo can also be very streaky. I say Celtics in 7.....but this one can really go either way. The matchup between the big men will be interesting because Kobe can out play any guard/forward the Celtics have got (yes that means Pierce). We'll see how Pau and KG match up...that will be a key part of the series.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I can't stand Kobe, but am a Lakers fan. I am torn. I am going with the Celts, since I do not want to hear Kobe do anything else but cry!!! Having said that. I know the Lakers will win though!!!! Lakers in 6, but I'm rooting for the Celts!

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I am pulling for Boston.

My aunt got to hug Larry Bird a long time ago. Well more like ran at him screaming and jumped on him but its about the same right?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Let's see what we have here...

• The Lakers won't win it in 4, 5, OR 6
  • The Celtics have shown they CAN win on the road
  • I don't think the Lakers know what hit THEM

Hahahaha :rofl:

Tonight, the Celtics showed the Lakers how to pull off a "Come from behind" victory.

Go Celtics!!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've watched every Celtics playoff game all the way through. Tonight I considered shutting off the TV when Boston was down 24 points in the 2nd to get some sleep for a change. Then I thought how bad would I feel if they somehow managed a comeback and I missed it? After all LA nearly did it in game 2 after they had been down 24. You just never know. I'm glad I stayed up now.

:thumbsup: