What's new

Lance Armstrong no more!

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Lance finally admitted to everything. He has been stripped of all tour de France titles and can never race again. Way to go Lance!

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Actually....if you read the article on ESPN.com...he doesn't admit to anything. He said that he isn't going to go through the USADA's arbitration process...so the USADA took it as an admission of guilt.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It is an admission of nothing. He'll always be a champ to me. I'm sure he has raised more $ for research than any other athlete. Many of his competitors were also doping and they didn't win 7x. And yes, I enjoyed the homers of the steroids era of baseball. I have a shelf in my office with bobbleheads of disgraced ball players.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
It will be interesting to see what UCI does. USADA (from about 30 minutes ago) hasn't yet stripped or banned him - but I assume they will. However, UCI doesn't have to honor the sanctions. They have always honored USADA sanctions, but curious what they will do here. I suspect I know the answer but will wait and see.

*edit: looks like USADA has acted, so the titles are "stripped". we'll see.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I have no respect for a man that leaves a family that supported him through so much...for a title
I share the sentiment.
I can appreciate the work he's done for cancer research, and the hard work he did to win those titles... but I'm still not a fan of him.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am not necessarily a fan of Lance Armstrong but at the end of the day people will still remember him for winning 7 and he still made his money in a time where he wasn't the only one doping as he has been accused. Regardless of the allegations, whether true or not, his legacy has still been determined.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
If you have ever seen what these guys do to prepare for a race its a joke anyways. Getting blood transfusions? Give me a break... Its really sad and most of these people are bad role models anyways. They compromise their health just trying to win.

Of course like every sport there are still a few good role models left. Its just sad that this happens. Let's just hope for the best.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Lance is not a resident of CA but came here to promote a prop that would raise taxes on cigars by 73%. The guy is a douche.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
i say way cool and of course it's an admission of guilt, Now one (me) could only hope baseball would be the same.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Imo, him giving up fighting the allegations is only because he doesn't have the ball to come out and admit it.
Well played.

I don't know much about the personal lives of athletes. I watch sports to be entertained. I didn't know about all the other stuff with regard to his family. Not cool. My wife and I don't have any children so I don't have to worry about explaining to a child about role models.

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Maybe someone has an answer to what I've been wondering for quite a while now.

How did he go through Cancer treatment for as long as he did and not have to take steroids?

I'm asking because a few people I know/knew went through treatment and were given large doses of steroids.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is interesting in that he didn't fail any drug tests, however the results from those tests, as well as his relationships (especially with Dr. Ferrari) enables the USADA to charge that his results were "consistent" with drug use. It also makes me a little sick to see that a scumbag like Floyd Landis is achieving a benefit to helping to take down Lance.

Would any other nation attach their own athlete 6 years after their last title? Our tax dollars at work!