What's new

Lance Armstrong no more!

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I could care less really.

IMO, he passed 500+ drug tests...as in NEVER FAILED ONE. So to me he is clean. He either never took them or figured how to beat them. Either way he did what they asked and passed. Leave the guy alone. As for drugs in sports, who freakin cares on that front too. Look at the pro-athletes, most of the skill position players are juiced (in the NFL) you can look at them and I'll just about guarantee they didn't get that size naturally. But we'll look away because it's a huge money maker. We have better things to worry about. How much money was wasted in Congress chasing the baseball players. And what did the country gain other than more of our money being wasted on something we all knew already and don't give to shits about?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Our tax dollars at work!
USADA is an independent not for profit, but has the designation of being the us agency to handle such matters by the government and they do receive some funding from the office of national drug control policy.
Two-thirds of their 2010 activity was funded via federal grants. About 10% was from "third parties" after excluding those federal grants and US Olympic Committee funding.

http://www.usada.org/uploads/annualreport/2010 usada ar.final.pdf

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0

IMO, he passed 500+ drug tests...as in NEVER FAILED ONE. So to me he is clean. He either never took them or figured how to beat them. Either way he did what they asked and passed. Leave the guy alone. As for drugs in sports, who freakin cares on that front too. Look at the pro-athletes, most of the skill position players are juiced (in the NFL) you can look at them and I'll just about guarantee they didn't get that size naturally. But we'll look away because it's a huge money maker. We have better things to worry about. How much money was wasted in Congress chasing the baseball players. And what did the country gain other than more of our money being wasted on something we all knew already and don't give to shits about?
This point is spot on. He never failed a test. Plain and simple.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0

This point is spot on. He never failed a test. Plain and simple.
This is very true, however we live in america and sometimes people thrive when they see others fail. I worked for a man in the military and his favorite quote was "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" not sure if he cheated but he's damn sure been very successful!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This is a bit off topic but for some reason reminds me of a poster I had of some 1920's era tour riders sharing a smoke and they were front runners.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thing the story here is that he didn't fail a test when he won all those tours, but failed tests when he made his comeback.
Nope, that's not the story. The USADA appears to have been planning on using testimony from teammates, some of them confirmed cheats (Floyd Landis, Tyler Hamilton), some of them clean riders held in high regard (George Hincapie, Frank Andreau) to show a systematic doping program. Drug test results from tests that did not fail but were consistently high would likely have been used to affirm the drug program.

Funny how if he loses the titles, two or three of them will to to Jan Ullrich, who, you guessed it, is a confirmed cheat who failed drug tests! Gotta love it.

Last edited: