What's new

Lancero battle royale

Which lancero do you like???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hey guys,

I am on a lancero kick lately and wanted to get your thoughts. Between the el triunfador lancero and the opus x petite lancero, which would you choose? I have smoked el triunfadors for a while and love them more and more but tonight I smoked my first opus x petit lancero and it blew my socks off. What are your 2 cents?

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I had to go Opus. They are both great sticks, but IMO opus is a bit better than the El Triunfador. I have a feeling that this will end up around 60-40 in the triunfador's favor though.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Love the Opus but the El Tri, well that is turning out to be a very special smoke.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I tend to enjoy both, but prefer the El Triunfador by a hair. It was hard to decide on this one! Both are amazing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both are good, the Opus has more pepper but i like the complexity of the El Tri.

however, talking about lanceros without mentioning Cohiba is like talking about red sports cars without saying the name Ferrari.

the best cigar of my life so far was a lancero size...it was a Fundadore smoked in the Louvre glass breezeway some years ago...

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I don't know if I should vote as I've never had an Opus X petite lancero or regular lancero. But I sure do love an aged El Triunfador!! MMMMMMMMMM

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
the el truinfador is as far as i know is a regular production stick. the change was a new blend to be shipped internationally.
I'm not sure if the old El T lancero will get a name change (I'm guessing yes, probably a Cabaiguan Maduro Lancero), but word is it will still be produced.

The new full line of "El Triunfador" is a new blend entirely, you're correct. Though I believe the international release has been pushed back and it will actually start here in the US sometime in the next month or two (before the La Verite, I believe, though I could be wrong there).

Boosted

War Eagle!!!
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
El Ts for me! I normally prefer smaller RG cigars, but for Opus, I like the bigger RG more. The El T has never disappointed me.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The original ELT is staying put. No change to it and will continue production as ELT.
The new ELT has a different band as most have seen. The new blend comes in 6 sizes including another lancero in the new packaging.

Not sure if this is a fair poll to either cigar. Two completely different cigars in every catagory.

Size and shape -different
blend and wrapper -different
strength - way different

I am honored to be included in a poll with Fuente but I wanted to point the differences out.

Thanks for including me.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
IMHO the El T is a much more complex cigar right out of the box and gets better with age, the Opus needs rest to develop. However YMMV.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I'm not a Lancero guy...I like Toro's or Torpedoes. I am curious as to the attraction of these sticks. Do you guys think the Lancero has better flavor or do you just like the feel?

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
I like the opus. I love the El T. But, a fantastic lancero the you are leaving out is the Oliva V!!! This guy was the one that got me stuck on lanceros.

If you haven't, now is the time my friend.