What's new

Lancero February 2017

Rating - 100%
234   0   0

Smoked the cigar of the year for me last night (and for all of last year as far as I can remember). A 10 year old ERdM Grandes de Espana. Started out mild with subtle, hard to pin down flavors. Something not quite cardboard (but in a good way), not quite toast or spice or graham cracker. Pretty much smoked like that for the first half, but started gaining more depth after the 1st third. After that it slowly morphed into a flavor bomb and by the beginning of the last third, it had the most body and depth of rich flavor of any medium strength stick I've tried (and got better) - although it stayed mild in strength. I've never had a stick go from that mild to that intense (or anything close). Man I wish I had a box of these.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
How was it? I have a couple greens, reds, and blacks I've been meaning to try.

Op40
I really like the emerald. It is a nice, flavorful mild cigar. I enjoy them early in the day, or when I'm just in the mood for a change of pace. I've only had the black once. It was a completely different animal. Full flavored and earthy. I enjoyed it as well. I've had several rubys in a couple vitolas, and they're just not my thing.
Here are my official reviews from last February:
Lancero XXX: 1502 Emerald

Very flavorful for a mild cigar. Sweet and woody.
Official grade: B+
Lancero XXXI: 1502 Ruby

Same basic flavor profile as the Emerald, but somewhat muted.
Official grade: B
Lancero XXXII: 1502 Black Gold
Vastly different than the other two. Earthy and cocoa.
Official grade: B+
I thought I took pics, but my phone says otherwise. Here's the band: