What's new

Lancero recommendations wanted!

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I just googled Lancero sampler............Lots of choices there........found the SanCristobal/La Aroma sampler for 80.00.This was from 2009 if I remember correctly,and limited...........

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Alot of great input so far brothers thank you! There are several mentioned on my radar! I had an El Triunfador in the humi, gonna have to look and see if that was one that I smoked. The Oliva V's are a thought as well. Haven't had any luck finding the Cain F in the places I've looked. Haven't had a CC that I particularly liked yet so not going that route ( I have my second ever in the humi to smoke on my birthday lol). Never had a My Father Lancero that's an idea. @ MorrisJohn; not too worried about it as I enjoy a wide variety of sticks and hey if I end up with somethin I don't particularly like I'll bomb em out and keep five to let age, no worries there! Main reason for the price point is if I go spending $300 on a box of sticks I don't get my "above the norm" bottle of scotch :bottle:

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I agree with others in you should buy a couple singles rather than take a chance on a box of sticks that may not be your thing. Taste is subjective, plus another advantage is that you'll be able to try sticks above the $150 price range. Craigs assembled a pretty good list. I'd go with 2 of each of the following.

Illusione HL Maduro
Illusion HL Claro
Tatuaje Especialles
Tatuaje El Tri (OB)
My Father #4
JDN Antano 1970
CAO Lx2
CyB
LP 40 (if you can find it)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've had almost every Stick mentioned in another vitola except the L40, CyB, and Viaje. I do have a CyB in the humi. I have over 80 brands in singles already and that's why i'm leaning toward another box purchase. Probably going to be sticking with something I've had in another vitola, just wanted others opinions. :cbig:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I wouldn't recommend buying a box of cigars that you've never had before unless your sure about them. I recommend buying a few fivers.

For ncs some of my thoughts would be, the new cyb lance is supposed to be good and will be released soon, Don Carlos lance if you can find it at msrp, l40 if you can find it, quesada espana lance if you can find it, maybe one or two casa fuente lances, daruma mutane, and maybe try it some lonsdales or coronas.
If you are still leaning toward a box a specific blend, I submit another vote for the CyB Lance. Cannot go wrong!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I would get 2 Room 101 Daruma Mutante, 2 Original Blend El Triunfador, 2 Don Pepin Blue Label, 2 Oliva Serie V, 2 Cain F, 2 Tatuaje Especialles, an Opus X Lost City and call it a day.
The wisdom. The truth. The light. Thanks be to Craig. Glory to you, oh lord, our Mac.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I would get 2 Room 101 Daruma Mutante, 2 Original Blend El Triunfador, 2 Don Pepin Blue Label, 2 Oliva Serie V, 2 Cain F, 2 Tatuaje Especialles, an Opus X Lost City and call it a day.
Yes, but where to find such a sampler? Wanting an OR El Triunfador is one thing, but acquiring one is another story!

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Yes, but where to find such a sampler? Wanting an OR El Triunfador is one thing, but acquiring one is another story!
I know where about 75-100 are sitting right now...so they can be found. It's never about what you know, but always about who you know.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I actually said Original Blend, which are still in production. Original Release are a little harder to come by. As far as what I listed, half of it is still in production and the others can be found with a little bit of looking online and some stores may have them. The "hardest" ones to find would be the Cain F and Opus, but I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to find.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Some great suggestions here. Hard to argue with the OB El Tri or Cain F (or the others), but I'd like to add the 7-20-4 by K.A. Kendall and the La Aurora 107 are exceptional and can be had for around $5.60 a stick. It might be easier to ask for lanceros that people don't recommend.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
La musa melete by emilio is a great lancero
The nicaraguan Nester Miranda anny smoke is great too

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta