What's new

LAS CALAVERAS EL 2014 (Now Shipping)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smoked another one today and it was wayyyyyy better than the first one. Lots of citrus and leather wrapped up in a "meaty" core. It was an oily smoke... Felt like I ate a couple of Lay's chips after each puff. Love this stick, does anyone have input on the two larger ring gauges?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting as I was a little underwhelmed with this one. Loved the Four Kicks and Headley even more. Wasn't fond of the JDH as much. I've smoked 3 robustos and 2 toros so far and they all has the same thing happen. Amazing pre light draw and tobacco smell. Upon lighting, nice then.pepper to start with with an excellent earthy tone. when I got to the half way point, they turned really bitter. This was especially evident with the robustos. These were all from one shop, so it could have just been box or shop specific. I'm going to pick up a couple during the week and see if there is a difference. I really want to like these as they were really good till they got bitter. G1
It's not just you. I'm a HUGE Four Kicks, JDH and Headley Grange fan, but the Las Cavaleras just doesn't do it for me. But like you said, is an amazing stick right up until the start of the second third for me. To each his own I suppose. I have a few that will sleep for a few months and I'll revisit them.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Smoking my 4th robusto now. Without a doubt, the best new cigar I've smoked so far this year. Wonderful burn and draw, amazing pepper and spice in the first two thirds, the last third is smooth and sweet. I'll be grabbing another 5'er today.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
I've had the 652 and the 550. the 652 was good, not as good as the 550 but it was ROTT, I think. The 550 was fantastic. Both put off a ton of smoke and were extremely slow burning, you're getting your money's worth here. It might have been the slowest burning cigar I've ever had.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am smoking the 7x54 right now and it is fantastic. It was all my BM had left so I split a box. I usually like smaller cigars due to time constraints but it has great flavor.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Smoked one of these last night, the toro. Wow, these were as good as the hype. Well done!

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've smoked both the 550 and 652. I tend toward smaller smokes, but the 652 was my favorite. The flavor was similar, but the 652 was much more complex. The 550 was still very good, but I won't bother buying anymore of them.